Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Movies & Friends

I think I'm beginning to portray myself as having no life. Really, you should read these movie reviews and think “man, it must be nice to have free time” and be happy that I can detox with of a flick.

I watched 2 movies recently- one Monday night and one last night while Jim was at softball.

The Family Stone is one that Jim’s mom gave us and is a holiday movie about a woman (SJP) meeting the potential in-law family for Christmas. While the acting was fine, the first hour and a half of the movie wasn’t all that interesting and was very predictable. The last half hour picked up a lot and all the things that you guessed would happen came to life and did make you laugh out loud at times. There is no question why the whole trailer for the movie seems to come from the last 30 minutes. RATING: C

Last night I watched In Her Shoes because I didn’t think Jim would be interested. Total girl movie. Two sisters, wildly opposite, get into a big fight and one (Cameron Diaz) moves to FL with her maternal grandmother. The first sister (Toni Collette) says in PA pining after the friendship they once had and meanwhile meeting a great guy and getting in a relationship which makes her pine for her sister all the more. They eventually get back together and make up. RATING: B

Some other notes- I had lunch with Andy Martini yesterday to celebrate/mourn the fact that he got a new job and is moving his family to Memphis. Congrats again on the job, Andy, and a big “you suck” for leaving Cincinnati. ; )

I also had a fantastic conversation with Sarah F that made me feel much better about life in general. THANKS Sarah.

9 comments:

TreyJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TreyJ said...

The fact that someone is actually leaving Cincy proves that the town is not really a huge vacuum operated by Karen, as previously thought. :-)

Sarah said...

HAHA!! Trey, I laughed so hard I almost cried at your comment!!

Karen, you're always welcome, and thanks to you too! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

I tried to stay...but I've been thrown out of too may bars in this town, so I had to find a new town.

So, yes, I'm packing up all the Martini's (Trixie, Max, Maddy and Nick) and laying stakes down river in Memphis for a new gig!

Fret not though...I'll still be haunting this blog in the wee small hours and occasionally I'll swing back through this burg!

Drink a few for me and remember to ask for the Andy Martini by name! 2 parts gin, 1 part vodka, 1/2 part vermouth, shaken until opaque, served straight up with a twist!

Cheers!
Andy Martini
Flame-proof and Limoousine Ready, Baby!

Finlands finest said...

I haven't seen a movie in forever...

Uhhhhhh, Karen is the vacuum broken???

Viki said...

I love your movie reviews, and I've actually seen both of these. I'd completely agree on Family Stone, and on In Her Shoes - I read the book first, which I really liked, but was disappointed by the movie. What's new?

Good luck to Andy Martini!

Mamma Sarah said...

So I totally laughed out loud at all of everyone's comments.

Thanks for the movie reviews!

I wonder what the Karen vacuum looks like? Hmmmm....

Martha said...

Is there a limit in the number of people you can suck into your Cincy vaccuum...one arrives as one leaves at the same time....

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's clogged with too many people. Have you emptied the bag recently?