Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Racing at the Movies

Last night Jim and I went on a date to the movies and saw Talladega Nights (A-) at the dollar cinema. WOW was this a ridiculous movie.

First, it REALLY funny (I'm sure provided the southern part of our country 1-liners for the next 6 years) and it is impossible theatre not smiling.

Second, there were so many things that happened that were crazy you just look at the person you’re watching it with and shake your head. How crazy it got is what lost it a partial rating point, but overall your belief is suspended right from the beginning so you just sit back and enjoy the flick for what it is.

There was this guy to our right who was seriously going to bust a gut he was laughing so hard. Everything that came out of Will Ferrell’s mouth had this man in fits of near hysterical laughter. I think watching him enjoy the show so much made us enjoy it even more.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you wrote about this movie, I have been debating seeing it but now I definately will!

TreyJ said...

Been wanting to see this for a while. Thanks for the review! :-)

Anonymous said...

Kendall and I thought it was freaking hilarious. We even paid full price to see it!

Finlands finest said...

Not sure about this one if the laughing man isn't there...

Mamma Sarah said...

I still think that I'll wait until it's on DVD. I'm not a huge Will fan, but I'm always willing to give it a try.

Martha said...

Thank you, Karen! I've been wanting to see this movie (I'm a will-fan!)