Monday, October 30, 2006

Death-Defying Animals

My office has a huge, 15 X 5 foot window that spans the length of my office. Being on the 7th floor, I get a clear view of I75 traffic or what the weather is doing.

Periodically there are things outside my window that surprise me. Like this 2” bug that kind of looks like a cricket and is currently crawling up my glass. I’ve also seen butterflies, ladybugs and some other insect I couldn't place. How does a little bug get up 7 stories? Why would it want to go up 80 ft? How does it get down??

8 comments:

Megs said...

That is hilarious that you mentioned that because while I was meeting with Brett this afternoon, there was a 2” weird looking insect thing crawling on HIS window! Could it have been the same little guy making his rounds saying hello???

Anonymous said...

now there's a leaf bug crawling face first towards the ground!

Viki said...

I would be scared to be crawling on a 7th story window

Sarah said...

Who knew bugs were so interesting as to inspire their own blog entry!?!?!

Mamma Sarah said...

This blog made me laugh... especially because it reminded me of what Karen told me about this particular window. THere is something on the outside of it... and she has to have the blinds a certain way so not to look at it. I told her to put up some window sticky things to cover it up.

Jessica said...

So what else is on the window?

Viki said...

Yeah, I'm curious now, too...

Karen said...

i think a bird commit suicide and there are some streaks that look like guts. i've been REALLY grateful for the rain since i obviously can't wash the outside of the windows myself.