Thursday, October 19, 2006

Skip Slevin

Jim and I bought a Movie on Demand last night per my co-workers recommendation, Lucky Number Slevin. Not so good – solid C. I felt like I’d seen the plot before once the whole thing unraveled so really I wasn’t impressed come an hour and a half later.

I will say that the directing was very interesting. It was done in Pulp Fiction style so it was kind of “artsy” in nature. Not that I think this improved the movie, mind you, but it was creative at least.

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I've never even heard of it. I'll wait til it is on cable....

Mamma Sarah said...

Thanks for the info. I know this is one we had debated about getting recently.

Tom said...

I dunno... I loved Lucky number slevin and have now seen it twice. Why did I like it? I thought each character, slevin, the boss and the rabi, were all very well defined and unique characters, borderline eccentric personalities, not to mention laughable that the boss and rabi are across the street from each other. I guess I should also add that good kat's character was great too (especially the deleted scene in the elevator). I also liked the thugs sent to get Slevin.