Friday, February 06, 2009

Baby News

Went to the ultrasound today to see the baby. Very squirmy little one - it was all over the place!! Here are some pictures:


Profile



Head on



Arm



2 feet (crossed)



And the money shot......






















He's a BOY!


Due date's still the same, 6/28/09, and all looks normal with his size (11 oz) and measurements.

I had a "big talk" with Nicole (who's home sick today with croup and vomiting) about being a sister and she shook her head "yes" when I told her she'd have to share toys and be nice, etc. She'll tickle my tummy and say "get you get you" but I doubt she fully understands what's going on yet.... :)

10 comments:

Tom said...

Congrats Jim & Karen!!!!!
Nice work - Married, 2 kids, boy and girl. I think you hit the demographic average right on the money! (or maybe you need a dog now?)

So exciting!

Martha said...

Yay, congratulations!!!

All you need now is a white picket fence, a dog, and a cat....

Do we get to know names? I can't *read* those pictures... I wouldn't have known boy if you didn't tell me.

The "big talk" you mention makes me think you had *the* talk with her, which amuses me given her age.

I hope Nic feels better and soon!

Martha said...

and oh yea, I was going to "guess" boy based on the first picture. Which I then though congratulations were in order for Jim....

But, I think that might be an arm....

Katharine said...

very cute. esp the story about nic at the end (except that she's sick...poor girl, hope she feels better soon). i concur that she's just smiling and nodding and has no idea what's headed her way :)

Viki said...

Congrats. :-)

linds said...

HOORAY!!! I can't wait to meet my new nephew :-)

Finlands finest said...

I am thrilled to hear that you guys are having a little boy. I think little boys are great!! I had no idea what I was looking at on the money shot either. I'm glad you all see what I don't!

Nicole will figure things out quickly when her brother arrives at home! :) I am sure she will adapt quickly to being a big sister--hey if she is anything like her mother that little boy has to watch out, I see Nicole making his life schedule. ;)

Mamma Sarah said...

HOORAY!!!! So excited for yoU!!!

Laura said...

Wow! Congrats and glad he is healthy!

Megs said...

That is so adorable!!! Congrats again!

PS I literally laughed out loud when I read the 'get you get you' -- I can totally picture her doing that!