Friday, February 13, 2009

Sick

Nicole's virus finally kicked in in me. I'm home from work. Her symptoms were vomiting the first night followed by a croupy cough and a runny nose and lots of lathargic activity, I started feeling "off" on Wednesday, only ate peas for dinner that night and threw up lunch and dinner at 2am last night. BLEH.

Christopher can hang out for four months in me and not cause any morning sickness but the general world's gotten me under the weather about 3 times in the last 8 months.

--------------------

We watched the movie Taken (A-) last night. Story line is that a retired special forces father's daughter is taken by a sex trafficing ring while on holiday in France and he has 96 hours to get her back. I found it thought provoking and a sad reminder that these types of things actually are going on all around the world all the time.

I asked Jim if he'd go to such lengths to get Nicole back and he correctly answered that he wouldn't have the skill to do all the things that the main character did. She's never going anywhere alone for the rest of her life.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Ok - I may not be special forces, and I may not be her father, but I'd spend time looking for her!

I am sorry to hear that you're not feeling well! We can sulk together tonight at the house if you wanna! I've got the R.C. (the THIRD time) tonight. And with the last 2 not going as planned I don't exactally have high hopes. :-/

Miss you.

Viki said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick. I'm doing what I feel like is a better job than I did last year not getting a cold/cough and I'm hoping to keep it up. If I must get sick, I'd actually rather have the flu because it won't hinder my singing for 2 months like a cold does...Feel better!

I hadn't noticed it before - I take it Christopher is the selected name. Do you guys have a middle one picked out?

Finlands finest said...

I hope you feel better!

I want to see that movie. It saddens me everytime I think of the sex slave trade/slave trade in general. I'm lucky to have grown up someplace safe...

Martha said...

Feel better!

I must say. One of the perks of not having kids and working in a separate lab where none of us has kids - we don't get the stuff going around the main office with all their petri dish children.

Christopher? Who's that? I haven't heard that name.

LisaMarie said...

I am pleased to see you have started referring to Max's best friend by his name now. :P

I was sick last week with something Kendall had. He got diarrhea but I only got gas. It was awful gas. All the time. And Max got it too. Between the two of us, there was almost constant tooting in the house for like 3 days. LOL! So feel better...and I hope you don't throw up too many times. It totally sucks.

Mamma Sarah said...

Christopher??? I had to go back and double check that I didn't miss something. Hooray for a name! :-)

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Was nice chatting with you a little bit yesterday!