Monday, February 23, 2009

Need a vacation day to catch up from my weekend

This weekend was ridiculously busy. Some highlights:

1) Friday – I went to the Cyclones hockey game (and thought of Sue the whole time) while Jim stayed with Nic. He doesn’t like hockey and prefers her sleep schedule stay pretty consistent so this arrangement worked out for both of us as I didn’t get home until 11.

2) Saturday – we all slept in which never seems to happen anymore. I was going to skip the morning concert as a result but thought Nicole might appreciate it so we rushed around and flew out the door.

Cincinnati had their Fine Arts weekend and the morning show was done by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra and was a shortened version of a fall concert titled Bugs. They played La Cucaracha, the Bugs theme song, The Spiders Feast (which had CCM doing and interpretive dance), some song about a guy loving a flea just a bit too much, and, the highlight, the Itsy Bitsy Spider sing-along. Nicole was VERY attentive during the concert and really my taping it was the only thing that distracted her from the music. At first she was so startled that the thousand or so people at the concert all knew IBS, but then she joined in. This video is kinda rough because she was sitting on my lap as I was taking it.


3) That afternoon Nicole headed to Aunt Lindsay’s for her nap because Jim had a bowling tournament and I went to go see Jenny and Tom’s performances that afternoon. Both were absolutely fantastic (and I’m not just saying that because they both read this).

4) When I got home Chris from Cridersville (Jim’s friend) was waiting for me and we all hung out, went to dinner, and hung out some more. We skipped Church because of his visit and didn’t finish the errands we wanted to run because of Nicole’s nap time. I did get $60 in clothes (23 pieces) from Old Navy – ½ off clearance prices so the most I paid for a single item was $3.74 for a dress for Nicole; most of the other things were $1.49 - $2.49.

5) We bowled AMAZING that night and walked away 4/4 with a solid placement for the upcoming tournament.

6) I had to take Nicole to the doctor this morning because what I thought was a pimple forming on the inside of her leg turned into a boil on Sunday. They pierced it, squeezed a bunch of blood and puss out and are sending it all to the lab. She was NOT happy to be pinned down or in pain but was all smiles once she was allowed up. We have antibiotics to give her and need to use warm compresses 2/day to try to extract more out of it. She heads back on Wednesday. Goal is to hear that it’s not MRSA but we’ll know more when the results come back.

7) We also staked out the deck in the yard and are going with option #1 but bigger square footage-wise than what you see below.

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I hope its not MRSA too! Poor Nic!

Who did you go to the cyclones game with? I was invited friday too by a friend from my Chemistry society, but opted to stay home and rest. Did they win??

Thanks again for coming to the performance, it meant a lot to me that you were there!!

Martha said...

ew. boils. I have a funky thing on my leg (thought it was an ingrown hair? then a pimple? nope, neither), but it's been there well over a year now - b/c I'm not dead, I'm guessing mine's not MRSA. :)

Viki said...

Dumb question - what is MRSA?

Hooray for you taking Nic to a concert!

LisaMarie said...

I have been checking your blog all day waiting for an update! LOL! You're my one reliable blogger!

That boil thing sounds AWFUL! Poor Nic! Where the heck could she have gotten MRSA???

I can't wait to teach Max Itsy Bitsy Spider! Nicole looked so cute when she was making the motions at the end and then she clapped!

I am very pleased to hear you are going with the first deck choice. I just think it has better overall appeal. (Not that I wouldn't have hung out on deck #2 as well....)

I love getting good deals. Want to go down to the Gap Clearance center sometime? You could get some really good deals on maternity clothes there...and I haven't been since I was prego, so I'd love to take a trip. Let me know.

ps. I notice that you didn't mention how your butt called me this weekend. :P

Laura said...

I played the video for Ella and she loved watching Nicole! Hope the boil is nothing...

Jessica said...

Hopre Nic feels better soon :)