Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Updates

  • Nicole is in a singing phase. On Monday night she sang to herself for over a half hour in lieu of going to sleep. We sing in the car, sometimes to the radio, sometimes not. And she’s learning words to her favorite songs – she will start and chime with “twinkle twinkle star” and “up above… high”. It’s really really cute. When she sings AND dances you can’t help but smile. Other thing she really likes – songs that have hand motions (itsy bitsy spider, wheels on the bus, etc.)
  • I got hit on Monday in my work parking lot. I was backing out of a space and some guy backed out into me. The estimate for repairing (not replacing) my back bumper was $508. I need to give this to him today and see what our next steps are.
  • The new baby is moving around much more frequently to the point that I can feel him inside and outside now. Jim’s not all about putting his hand on my stomach but humors me if I insist.
  • Jim and I have a LONG to-do list. He’s helped make the task less daunting by giving us four February goals which should be achievable – work on our will, buy Nicole’s new bedroom furniture, repair the settling cracks in the corners of our crown/base molding, measure the house for the deck. He’s been spending gobloads of time reading deck-building books, calling the county, etc. Too bad I’ll be 8 months pregnant when this project starts. Shucks!
  • JC Penney has shoes on sale for $7.95! After being pregnant the last time my foot grew a whole size permanently which means that there aren’t as many options for 8.5s –they get swallowed up pretty quick. I had envy for all the 7.5 wearers – there were SO MANY cute shoes. I did find two new pairs – a brown stiletto sandal and a pointy-toed black heel. I also scooped up a simple black dress for $14.95 and a pair of work pants for $6.97. Fingers crossed that they fit after this is all said and done (couldn't try them on now)….

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I love great clothing deals!!

Awww! Nicole singing has to be the cutest. I remember some old girl scout songs if you need some songs to spice things up. One even has you shaking your toosh (when you shake your tail)! :)

Martha said...

yay for sales! esp great ones like that sounds!!

I'd love to hear Nicole singing. :D

Martha said...

So 2 people were backing out of their spaces in a parking lot and the other guy got cited?? Really? Huh. How'd you score that one?

Mamma Sarah said...

You'll totally have to post a video of the angel singing. :-) That will certainly provide smiles to last throughout the day.

Hooray for finding bargains!! :-)

Viki said...

Dude - I think your JC Penneys are better than ours. Maybe I should swing by there anyway...

I'm glad that you weren't hurt when you were hit. I'm also very glad that the other guy was at fault. I'm with Martha on the 'how'd you score that one?'

I love Nicole singing. :-)

LisaMarie said...

I LOVE cheap shoes!!!!

We don't have a will....we really need to work on that. And buying bedroom furniture sounds like a fun goal.