Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dinosaur Quest

The search for dinosaurs has continued and I’ve been really touched and happy with the help (and interest!) others have been lending. Carol sent me several links of things including a $100 plush rocking dinosaur which I later found at HomeGoods for $50 on a family friend’s suggestion. (side note: I’ve never even heard of HomeGoods, it was the TJ Maxx of home stuff and if it was closer might be a place I stop at more often to find a hidden treasure). Jenna sent me links of a variety of things from animals to mobiles and Anjali went to the trouble of finding me stencils for the walls.

The set I found that I liked the most has been discontinued for two years and finding the bedding (bumpers, not sheets) has cost me several more hours of searching:



Lindsay saw this set on a Kmart commercial and sent it to me:

It’s got the essentials (bumpers, sheet, comforter & bedskirt), is the right color palate that I was looking for and is only $50 – FANTASTIC!!!!!! Too bad it’s out of stock. Grrrr…. I put my name on the registry to have Kmart email me when they have it again. Meanwhile I’ll look for the brand elsewhere. This could be the ticket!

Should any of you continue to be interested, bored, or come across something randomly like Linds did, I still need some wall art!

6 comments:

Viki said...

I like the second set. It's cute. :-)

LisaMarie said...

I think both sets are adorable! The bottom one would go better with the color of your crib though.

Martha said...

I love the second one!!! Too cute - and I really like the colors!!! :)

Good job - I knew you could do it!

Megs said...

I really love both of them! Never thought dinosaurs in a kids room could look so cute!

linds said...

i like the second one as well :-)

Mamma Sarah said...

Love it!