Thursday, February 05, 2009

Anticipation

So tomorrow is the day we find out that baby #2 is doing well and, hopefully, the gender. People ask what we want, boy or girl, or if we don’t care. Honestly, it’s my goal to find out that everything looks “normal” and that there’s only one. I have no reason to think there are more than 1, but man if there were, whew! Obviously it would be exciting but oh so much more to do and plan. Not to mention the expense as things to get would be a larger vehicle (SUV), not just another crib.

Jim thinks we’re having a girl. So far he’s the only one that thinks that. EVERYONE else expects a boy.

I'm very excited for tomorrow morning but it seems almost too soon to know! I’ve been so busy personally and professionally that this day seems to have come suddenly. Almost like I haven’t “done” enough to deserve to know yet. Not that I'm complaining….. : )

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

You are too cute! I think Jim is going to be wrong....and that there is not only 1 baby in your tummy, but 4. Ok Just kidding!

Martha said...

You're 5 months along? I'd be willing to bet you'd have an idea if there were more than 1 in there. And I'd be really envious if you have twins. I have a weird belief that the more people that have them naturally reduces my chance to one day have them (more based on the law of averages, rather than each person has x.xxx chance on each pregnancy).

I can't wait to find out, boy or girl. I think both would be great and Nic could enjoy either.

Anonymous said...

You have to post an update ASAP tomorrow! We're all on the edge of our seats!

LisaMarie said...

BOY! BOY! BOY! I'll still love it if it's a girl though...Are you revealing a name with the gender????

Anonymous said...

I would think if you were having more than one....you would found out when you heard the heartbeat weeks ago. Not detecting another baby is unheard of (unless you were carrying 7 or 8).

Viki said...

I have to concur with the everyone else bunch. I know lots of families have had two girls in a row, but you're the oldest and the next kid is a boy, I'm the oldest and the next kid is a boy, Lisa is the oldest and the next kid is a boy, etc... :-)