Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend of 8/22/08

After jam-packed schedules for the last few weeks, Jim insisted on a weekend of no plans. We watched movies, hung out with the kid, ran errands, finished some house stuff. Some highlights:

1) Friday I took off work because our babysitter took a long weekend and the Gardners and I traded sitting services. I had 3 kids ages 1, 2, and 4 all day and not on the same nap schedule. I was worn out and had a huge headache by the end of the day. The kids were very very good all day, it’s just that I felt the need to entertain them with movies, painting, swimming, bubbles, pizza-making and paper dolls instead of just letting them hang out. I deserved the hot bath with jets that evening.

2) At 9:05am I arrived at Old Navy behind about 20 other, eager but polite women and their very patient husbands to buy $12 jeans. I got 3 pair for me, 2 for Nicole and 1 for Ryann (for Christmas).

3) Dad and I had our second of three ice skating lessons on Saturday afternoon. He won them at a blind auction held at his office and kindly split them with me for some father-daughter bonding time. The first lesson we learned stopping, swizzels (making figure eights with our ankles) forward and back, skating on one foot, turning and two-footed spins. On Saturday we did more backwards skating, practiced spinning and learned cross-overs. Wow do my feet hurt by the end of our lesson.

There is this super cute little girl, who I'm guessing is about 5, who has a lesson at the same time we do. I’ve determined that ice skaters have no future unless you’re really good. While she’s adorable to watch, at least gymnastics lessons have a practical bridge to cheerleading in the future. Ice skating – not something that lends itself to making you readily available to break out your skills in an emergency/talent competition/etc.

4) TMI Warning! The fam headed to the mall to use my VS free panty coupon and I decided I was going to actually use another coupon for $10 off a bra. In my whole life I’ve never bought a full-price, non-semi-annual-clearance bra from Victoria’s Secret. After going up to a 38DD while pregnant and then losing weight I’d noticed that my pre-prego bras weren’t fitting as nicely as they probably should. I had the saleslady measure me and I was shocked when she told me I was a 38B. A B!? I haven’t been a B since my sophomore year of high school! So I had her measure again… 36B. Yeahhhhhhhhh….. So I tried one of the new BioFit bras on and to my amazement I'm a B (at least in VS bras). "$37 is the sale price for a bra?!" Jim exclaimed as soon as we left the store. After I explained my new size he proceeded to tease me that he didn’t buy “this” (as he spun my engagement ring) to have a B cup wife.

5) Vantage Point was an interesting movie though I only give it a B. It follows the viewpoint of six different people involved in an event and lets you see all the angles so that you can piece together the “real” story.

6) Mark and I toured our neighborhood (he’s moving in in December) and gave our unsolicited opinions on homebuilding/decorating to each other. I can’t believe Ryan homes doesn’t consult with us on every floorplan they design.

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I get sad everytime they measure me at VS. I will never get beyond the B cup. Maybe thats why I am not married yet??!? :P

Martha said...

If Jim wants to buy diamonds for people with boobs, I'm a 36D. :)

They have the Intamissi line that is about $19.50 for bras. I was totally into the Very Sexy line for a while, but then, when I grew 2 cup sizes in a year (and not a whole lot elsewhere!) I had to buy the "cheap" bras until I stable out again. I'm hoping that'll be at 34 C.

Viki said...

I'm really at the point where I'm not quite a B - that's the down side of all of this running I've been doing. Fortunately, Trey doesn't seem to mind. :-)

On the $37 sale price for your bra - you will have it, and be able to wear it when you're at your current size - for several years. You could buy a cheap bra for $20 and wear it out in a year or two, so really, it's a good investment.

Mamma Sarah said...

I agree with Viki. The more expensive the bra the longer it will stick around.

I'm sure that all the guys who enjoyed the gals in their "hay daze" are mourning for you and your loss. :-D Just teasing.

Mamma Sarah said...

P.s. This is why your hubby along with mine have promised boob jobs as soon as the kids are done using them. :-D