Monday, August 04, 2008

Weekend of 8-1-08

Friday: After getting home from work, eating, taking Nicole to the park and putting her to bed, we watched The Bucket List (B+) which I enjoyed. There was more than one scene that I said to Jim “why wouldn’t you want to go there!?” as it’s my life ambition to thoroughly travel the world and his to stay in our time zone.

Saturday: Ignoring all the work around the house that we did in the afternoon, the highlight was, by far, the much-anticipated date night that we had. M, L & R gave us a gift card and babysitting for Christmas so Jim and I got all pretty (I wore my new dress with tasteful amounts of cleavage- it was a date afterall!) and headed to the #3 restaurant in Cincinnati, Nicola’s. We had overpriced haddock and ravioli and after entertainment coupon and gift card we escaped with a $34 bill including tip. Goettafest wrecked havoc on my Newport after-dinner plans so we headed to Fairfield to have Dairy Queen (bogo sundae coupon) and to watch The Dark Knight (A-). This was a good activity as it’s been over a year since my last first run movie, it was a hyped-up one that I wanted to see, and we used our Entertainment book to get tickets for $7/ea (regular price = $9.25). The movie was great but was a half hour too long (plot would have been better if they had stopped filming earlier). All in all we spent about $55 which I thought was TERRIFIC for 6 hours of QT with the hubby.

Sunday: Even though Nicole fell asleep at 7pm (an hour and a half early) at Lindsay’s, she slept in until 8:30am the next day. WA-HOO!!!!!!! Post church and errand running, she went down for what turned out to be a 4 hour nap (what the!?) and I sewed curtains. Meijer shopping was followed by tacos for dinner, school work, and then the first hour of Lean on Me which I have never seen. Jim helped me paint the white for my French manicure and though the quality wasn’t the greatest (sorry, dear) I liked watching him work so intently on my fingernails.

I had such a good 3 days I didn’t even mind coming back to the office!

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I don't think I have ever had a guy work on my nails. If one ever did, no matter what it looked like, it would probably be my best manicure ever!!

I bet Nicole is growing through a growth spurt. Don't kids sleep more then?!?! Either that or her cousin totally wore her out--for 2 days :)

Sounds like a fantastic date night!!

LisaMarie said...

Isn' the price of movies getting ridiculous!?! One of the theaters here in Dayton is up to 10 dollars a ticket! Unbelieveable. We totally scammed them with our student IDs. HAHAHA.

Laura said...

Picturing Jim bent over your nails trying to get that white line just right is a cute image. Ryan would try as well, but most of my nail would be white! It's sweet that he cares about the little things like that :)

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a much needed overdue type of weekend. :-D

Martha said...

I'm glad you put the part of Jim doing your nails at the end - or else I would have been stuck on that and not read the rest of the post....
:)
I think it's cute. I don't think it's something I'd even think to ask of a guy. Although....one of my colleagues at work...would comment on my toenails (when I was in the cast). He said he usually has painted nails thru the summer. That was a weird conversation.