Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Soundtrack to Life

After nearly 3 decades of listening to the radio, especially pop and country in the past few years, I’ve come to the conclusion that you could write an entire life script through songs. I started one below and I know there are dozens more that could be added to the storyline, I just don’t have the time or energy at 8am to be creative with it.

So here goes:

Girl likes boy who doesn’t know she likes him: Teardrops on my Guitar by Taylor Swift
Boy and girl eventually get together: Next time I Fall by Peter Cetera
Boy and Girl Date: Come on Over by Jessica Simpson
Boy and Girl finally “do it”: I’ll Make Love to You by Boys 2 Men
Boy cheats on girl: Take a Bow by Rihanna
Boy is sorry he cheated on the girl: Best of Intentions by Travis Tritt
Girl tries to get over boy: Time, Love and Tenderness by Michael Bolton
Girl finds a new love interest: The First Cut is the Deepest by Sheryl Crow
Girl and New Boy get married: I Swear by All For One
Couple has a baby: A New Day has Come by Celine Dion
Daddy loves his daughter: Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
Marriage lasts: Still the One by Shania Twain

And they lived happily ever after!

I could go on a whole other saga about their kid. I could do it in country songs alone, especially if the daughter and her love interests have a lot of fights!

Yeah, I listen to the radio an awful lot…

8 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I like this!

Katrin said...

How to tell that we grew up in different countries, I hardly knew any of these songs! :)

My name and its pronunciation:

In German:
Kat long "ah" as in "cot"
Rin as in "in", the r in the back of your palate.

In English.
Ka as in "cat"
Trin as in "trin(ity)"

or
Kat - long "ah" as in "cot"
Trin as in "trene".

I've heard English speakers pronounce it both ways, and don't really mind which one they use. :)

Martha said...

Don't worry, Cat-trin, I don't know many of the songs, either! And not only did I grow up in the same country as Karen, we were in the same city and have been friends since HS.

However, I like Soundtracks To Life. I wonder what mine would sound like?

Karen said...

ok, some of these are current (ie taylor swift, rihanna) but others are oldies, mart!

you need to write your soundtrack!

Viki said...

I ought to try to write an opera life story soundtrack...but I guess that could get difficult seeing as opera characters are so apt to end up in some kind of strange situation.

Good list. However, I vote to add the following:
New Boy treats girl right: "I do it for you" by Bryan Adams (from the Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves movie).

Finlands finest said...

I agree with Viki!

Thanks for the pronounciation Katrin!

LisaMarie said...

I can't believe you put Michael Bolton in your soundtrack.....

I'm almost embarassed to say I know you. :P

Anonymous said...

It's called an iPod, and if you have one you are no doubt carrying pretty darned close to your entire life's soundtrack on it.

Mine's up past 3,000 and growing. When I die I will offer it as a download to anyone who wants to remember me through the music I listened to.

I'm even categorizing the playlists to represent different periods of my life to make it easy.

Radio is soooo 20th century.

Andy Martini
"Flame-proof and limousine ready, Baby"