Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympics

In the past week I have logged more television viewing hours on my TV than I think we did in the entire year of 2007. The Olympics go on the minute I get home and turn off last thing before I go to bed. Between Saturday and Sunday I think they were playing for about 15 hours which is an amazingly long amount of time for us to watch TV.

I’ve also determined that Nicole is going to take up diving. I figure she can train on the platform and springboard, individual and synchro. That way she has a lot of medal opportunities. She’ll probably be too tall for gymnastics and too short to be an excellent swimmer. Diving also has the advantage of being indoors so no bad weather soccer games to deal with! :) now if she’ll just cooperate….

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I will have a soccer ball on Nicole's feet before you have her on a diving board!!

Martha said...

I really like synchronized diving! It's amazing when they hit it right in unison! I love the slow-mo turn by twist shots, too. Amazing!
I heard diving causes a lot of vision problems due to the impact and pressure from diving into the water so many times.

Martha said...

So what are you doing - now - to prepare her for the 2024 Olympics?
:)
I appreciate how you "chose" a sport for her to do indoors so you won't get rained on outdoors....

Karen said...

WELL, i didn't even have to start her training, she's doing it herself. She's getting frequent in reaching down into the pike position (touching her toes like she's going to do a sommersault) and now does it in answer to "where are your feet?"

oh i'm not dumb- i played WAYYYYY too many soccer games in the rain to subject myself to it any more.

i say this tounge in cheek as little kid lollipop soccer is frickin' adorable and she will play.

Viki said...

Well, I think they have swimming classes for babies before they can walk, don't they? So much for the soccer...

I've watched very little of the Olympics (sorry, but the stuff I want to watch is not on when I can watch it). I'm trying to keep abreast of what's going on, though - what ever happened to those Chinese gymnasts they thought were under 16?

Finlands finest said...

Nicole is walking so, soccer is still an option. I will have that soccer ball for her ASAP :) lol

I am convinced all of my friends kids/ nieces and nephews will be soccer players!