Thursday, April 03, 2008

Really Real

Sometimes it’s strange for me to think that famous people are really just people too.

When I'm laying in bed at 11:00 talking about my day with Jim, Katie Holmes might be, at the exact same time, catching Tom up new script she read that afternoon. Or when I'm rolling meatballs for dinner, Nicole Kidman might be doing the same thing in front of her range. Or when the baby cries over the monitor at 3:00 in the morning and I'm praying that she just falls back asleep without me having to get up, “my friend” Nicole Ritchie might be simultaneously groaning the same thing to little Harlow’s monitor in California.

A lot of times it's almost like famous people are really just made-up characters like they play and that they don't do the exact same things I do every day. Some times I try to picture a celebrity standing in her closet and cocking her head over what to wear in the morning just like I'm doing. Of course her closet is the size of my bedroom....

8 comments:

LisaMarie said...

Yeah, and her nanny is the one groaning over that monitor. :)

Laura said...

Celebrities poop too!

Finlands finest said...

I do not believe celebraties poop--I think that is a fasification. They do not typically eat enough to poop. :)

Karen said...

I'm sure Paris Hilton poops, it's just hard to imagine!

Martha said...

What are you talking about? Girls as a "species" don't do anything disgusting like poop or fart or sweat. Duh. They boy-celebrities, though, do.
:)

Viki said...

I'm with Jen - Paris Hilton takes too many drugs to poop, too. And I'm sure Nicole Kidman doesn't make meatballs...for one, she probably doen't eat real meat meatballs, and she probably has a cook to make her the fake meat meatballs. :-)

I'm sure famous people do sometimes have a hard time deciding what to wear, however.

LisaMarie said...

I love that Laura said poop!!!

Katrin said...

Hmmm... my dad is a butler, and though he hasn't worked for "real celebs" (only some royalty and big business people), I can assure you that even those not-so-famous rich people don't usually get up for kids at night, don't cook or shop or clean or iron, and most of them don't even have to decide what they have to wear. Man, they don't even drive their own damn cars! Or take their dogs for walks.