Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's Baaaack...

Laryngitis. Just as bad and just as annoying as the first time around 4 months ago. *sigh*

-------
I thought there were some good comments left recently on the service industry post that I enjoyed reading.

-------
Jim’s boss is moving to Manhattan. Yet another friend leaving this fine city. I was thinking on the way in that we have a lot of friends in a lot of different cities/states: OR, AZ, KY, NC, IL… and now NY. If you weren’t all so dispersed I’d consider doing a big sweeping visit over the summer via Amtrak which I always thought would be a cool way to travel. As it stands we’ll be headed to the Caribbean for the cruise in July and Toronto in September.

-------
I got a funny card in the mail from Lisa (thanks!!) that made me wish we were still drinking Coronas in my Garden Apartment living room. Instead I'm here at work contributing to the GDP. *sigh* I do have some semi-interesting projects I'm working on though which helps the time go quickly. :)

------
A student emailed me this morning and the salutation was "Dear Dr. E...". That made me smile. I didn't correct him, but I did just sign it "Karen".

------
This is Jim's new title at work (he's changing jobs within the company in early May): Senior Analyst, Global Health & Well Being- Competitive Intelligence and Initiative Portfolio/Project Analysis.

Doesn't he sound important!?

7 comments:

Martha said...

I secretly enjoy laryngitis. :) You can get out of those annoying sales calls...oh wait...crap...that's right, you're in sales. ;)

Wow, what a title for Jim! Does that even fit on a buisness card?

Mamma Sarah said...

Jim's title won't be pretty printed on a business card. :-)

Man, a fridge full of Corona's (2 cases if I remember right), an apartment full of girls, night before leaving on a band trip... wow those were the days!

Martha said...

Oh yea, how much fun would a visit be to bounce between them all (however, you need to strategically place your friend's to be one day apart from each other. That way you always have a place to stay!). My friends are spread out, too. Even if I were to move to OH I'd feel like most of my friends were out of town, too, like I feel now.

How's are you feeling Ms. Laryngitis?

Viki said...

I'm sorry you're sick...I'd be shitting a brick if I came down with laryngitis.

Isn't it nice when people give you promotions? :-)

Jim's title sounds incredibly important...like he should be a doctor.

Finlands finest said...

Jim is important!!!

I am going to be a Dr one day. I am actually thinking of going back to school again soon. :)

Katrin said...

Sorry to hear about the laryngitis! That Amtrak idea sounds lovely. I really enjoy sitting on trains (helps me think), but Martin hates it. :(
Jim sounds very important, though it is quite a long title! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the new case of the yucks. That is not good. However, I am very happy to hear about Jim's new job title....and I am happy to have him back in my neck of the woods! Talk to you soon! Hugs!

Jam