Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend of 4/11/08

Nicole has had a lot of ear infections in her short life (3) so when my ear started feeling “not right” – pressure, heat, dull pain, etc.- I figured I was headed down the same road. I went to see the nurse practitioner and she diagnosed me with a dysfunctional Eustachian tube. I have some pills to take 2X/day to relieve the swelling and I'm supposed to be taking a nose spray too. I’d be doing better if I could figure out a time to take all these pills. This one can’t be taken in combo with my birth control (10pm) or my thyroid pill (6:30am) so the optimal time would be like 10am and 4pm which is about impossible to remember. Therefore, my ear still has pressure, heat and pain. UG.

We had 10, count ‘em, 1-0 people spend the night on Friday – Kevin, Tabitha, their 6 kids, and Luke and Liza. It wasn’t too bad though as we all spent the early evening separate. Saturday was an early morning – I got up at 6:30 and headed to Dayton to babysit Alex while Sarah had her glucose tested. He’s such a good boy and wanted me to hold him quite a bit which tickled me. We came home in time to dump Nic in the bath and swing her over to Portrait Innovations for her 9 month pictures. I should have gone to JC Penney where they are more cost reasonable. I have LOTS of cute pictures to distribute but should probably have saved it for the 1 year milestone instead….

Nicole was NOT in a good mood Saturday night. She cried off and on for 2 hours until she went to bed. I suspect another ear infection in her left ear is to blame. We head to the doctor for her 9mo check-up today so we’ll see. I'm used to a happy baby 95% of the time that to have 2 bad hours was really wacky and frustrating. I have no idea how parents with colic-y babies stay sane.

Once she hit the sack though Jim and I played our new Wii on our new Surround Sound! I made a Mii for Jim and I, scored a 165 in bowling, and embarrassed myself royally playing ping-pong. Now I want wireless internet so “Lisa” and “Kendall” (and “Jesus” and “Michael Jackson” and …) can visit our console!

Sunday = church, house cleaning (I cleaned my first bathroom in the new house! Jim normally does 100% of all the housework), grocery shopping (we saved $39 in coupons for a total weekly bill of $27), and sloppy joes. Cleaned the kid, fed the kid, and hit a high point in my book (they caught 2 of the bad guys).

I’ll post some of Nicole’s pictures from this weekend here when I download them from my overpriced CD.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Boo for ear infections, hope you are both feeling better soon!

Finlands finest said...

Sounds like an overall good weekend, except for the ear problems. I hate having extra medications to take-there is never a good time for them.

Jim should make you do like 10% of the housework. I think it is only fair!

Martha said...

who were your houseguests (i.e. how do you know them? I don't recognize the names)
Such a poor life when your baby cries rarely for 2 hours... ;p I don't know from experience, however, I have a haunch you have it easy!!
$27 for a weeks worth of groceries for the 3 of you? Damn girl, I'm impressed.
Oh! What does Miss Nic eat these days? I'm so far off on stuff like that (my estimations are always off).

Viki said...

Oh, I hope you guys start feeling better soon. I'm very impressed about your groceries, too. I'd do better, but I spend too much on produce which you can never get coupons for but, IMHO, is worth the money...

Martha said...

I agree with Viki. I'm quite disappointed that in order to eat healthy is honestly unaffordable to a lot of people. Nowadays, though, people on govt assistance can use food stamps at places like farmers markets. Now THAT makes sense beings obesity, formerly an issue with the wealthy, is now one for the poor, but for technically opposite reasons (it's cheaper to buy junk. And you need more junk to get your nutrients).

Anonymous said...

Did you ever ask the doc for the "ear numb" stuff... with a little one prone to ear infections it is a sanity saver for both you and her.

LisaMarie said...

Heck yeah you need wireless!!!! I want to visit your Wii!!!!!!!!

Dale said...

Wii = fun for everyone! My sis has one at home, and when I go back I hafta change my Wii depending on if I got my haircut or not.

Anonymous said...

Definitely get the numbing drops! I get 3 - 4 ear infections a year and as soon as I realize that my drops are expired I ask the doctor for a new prescription. She knows my ear history so she doesn't mind doing that for me!

Mamma Sarah said...

Once you get your Wii wireless we can visit too... :-) That is as soon as we figure out our new firewall system. :-)