Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend of 4/25/08

Friday: Jim and I dropped Nicole off at Lindsay/Mike/Ryann’s so that we could head north to celebrate Kendall’s 30th birthday. I was surprised about many things: 1) we didn’t know anybody there until Dathan and Natalie (Kendall’s brother and sister-in-law) came. We’d met Jessica once but I don’t count that as “knowing her”. It always makes me feel weird to realize that my friends have other friends (and so many!) besides me that I don’t know. 2) EVERYONE before us brought their kids and everyone after us left theirs with a babysitter. Explains why we were all late! 3) Lisa and Kendall are really great people in general. For many reasons, but my favorite of the night was the ENTIRE to-go box that Lisa was encouraged to take full of after dinner mints.

Saturday: long day of Jim cleaning and me taking care of Nicole. The Gardners came over for games and Sean made a really amazing pineapple/angel food cake dessert.

Sunday: we bought a Cub Cadet riding mower, grocery shopped, bought paint for the laundry room (will match the morning room: “Tranquil Aqua”), and watched Lost on ABC.com. The weather was so nice- sunny and 60’s. I’m beginning to like spring as much/more than autumn now. Such a relief after all this cold!!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I can picture Lisa taking a whole styrofoam container of mints...hehehe. I wish there was a picture of that!

Finlands finest said...

Yummmy dinner mints!!

I love spring because of all of the flowers!!

Martha said...

Yay! you bought a mower! wahoo. :) Sounds like a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun with Nicole on Friday. Thanks for asking us to watch her :-)

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend all at the same time. Hooray for getting a mower.