Sunday, April 06, 2008

Weekend of 4-4-08

Jim had some buddies and some of my family over on Friday night for a ping-pong tournament. Some participants took the competition very seriously and were approached by corporate sponsors!

Others, just made sure that everyone had a good time. Like my father, below, sharing his beer with Nicole. Mom and I said we hoped she drooled in it for him.


Nicole also, for the very first time, started waving. She waved bye-bye twice to my uncle and then sporadically to others through the whole weekend. No video of this yet, but it's cute that she does the Queen Elizabeth style - twists her wrist and keeps her fingers still. She pumps her whole arm up and down too, but it's hard to tell if that's waving or just sheer excitement.

Saturday morning, after an "educational" sales presentation by a water filtration guy ($4500 for a whole house unit didn't take much thinking about ... uh, no), I headed over to Sue's with the girls for a Mary Kay make-over afternoon. We all looked gorgeous. Immediately following Jim picked me up and we headed north to Spencerville for Jim's family Easter. Good times, good gossip.

On Sunday we discovered Nic's third tooth (top left) had broken the gumline. Here Uncle Greg is trying to catch a look at it:

I put Nicole down for a quick nap before Jim gets home (he's practicing for a 5K next month). We are going to bowling and Nicole is going to the park with her grandparents. I just went to check on her about a minute ago and found her sleeping like this:

She learned last Friday how to get to a sitting position starting from her stomach. I found her a few mornings sitting in her crib waiting for me to pick her up. This is the first time, however, I've seen her actually sit and sleep...










9 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome that she can wave! Very sweet how she was sleeping, glad you caught a picture to share :)

Katrin said...

The last picture is so adorable! Don't start the beer too soon, by the time she's eighteen she'll end up being the next Pam Anderson. (We have a saying that beer foam makes big boobs.)

Finlands finest said...

I want to see Nicole wave!! Sounds like a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE when babies sleep like that! I also love when their little butt sticks up in the air. Too cute!!!

Finlands finest said...

It looks like uncle Greg is torturing your daughter.

Martha said...

too cute! I like the photos!

Maybe I need some beer foam, too...

LisaMarie said...

That last photo is great! You need to send it into some type of sleeping baby contest. I'm sure they have one.....

Mamma Sarah said...

So totally precious. Love the pics!!

Viki said...

I love the Nic pic at the end. :-)