Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What's happenin'

1. I get to babysit Ryann tomorrow! Mike’s getting a table from Lisa so I get the honor of watching my niece for the evening. I'm VERY excited.

2. We got a call from the project manager of our house – they’re breaking ground TODAY! We’ll have a hole by the end of the day! I'm going to go take pictures tonight. Concrete should be poured by the end of the week.

For reference, this picture was taken 2 weeks ago and we're standing about 10 feet into our land. The property we bought (.45 acres total) extends all the way to that black dot (a gas meter) near my right shoulder. That road to our left is the private drive for the lots that sit behind ours. Click on the picture to enlarge it and get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

3. Now that the house is more of a reality (actual visible progress is starting), Jim and I are getting more in the mindset of what will happen to our current Fairfield house. Our hope is to sell it to Greg, but we’re realistic that perhaps not all the stars will align (my over-achieving brother wants to start grad school in the winter). We’re putting together the list of projects to do to make the house ready to sell to whomever – mulching, basement organization, brush removal, etc. Of course none of these projects sound like fun, but all make a big difference on the appearance of the property.

4. Foot swelling went down for about 3 days but is back with a vengeance this morning. I head to the doc tomorrow and will ask to make sure that other than elevation there’s nothing I should do (or worry about).

5. Tonight we head to the hospital for our maternity ward tour. On our visit we’ll stop by and see Karen C who’s nephew, Nicholas, should be born by then!

6 comments:

Megs said...

I hope Greg moves into your Fairfield house then too! Because then, as sad as it will be to loose you and Jim as neighbors... it will be nice to have Greg down the street. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Mamma Sarah said...

That picture is totally fantastic and sooo exciting to hear that the groundbreaking will happen tonight. It's amazing all the exciting things that are going on in our lives these days!

Katrin said...

You guys look so happy about "your land" (what a cool thing to say). Should I be worried that my mom took me on a maternity ward tour when I was about 17? ;)

Finlands finest said...

YIPEE!! The house is on its way!!! yipee!!


Katrin, my mom has been asking for grandchildren for 6 years now...so I am amused by your mom!

Anonymous said...

Hey, You could leave open the option to rent your house, or rent it to purchase down the road, if Greg goes back to school. You have done a really nice job taking care of it. People are always looking for a nice home to move into instead of an apartment. It is just an idea. You could charge an amount that would take care of the exsisting payment and make a couple a hundred month extra to supplement your income. If you need to really sell it to offset your costs in your new home, that is a different issue. Either way, your home will sell quickly, because it is so nice. Good luck

Viki said...

Congrats on the groundbreaking!