Friday, June 08, 2007

Life Updates

1. The House: We have a hole! We went out last night to see the hole and it was… a hole. I thought it should be deeper. Jim and I both thought the footprint was smaller than expected. Ultimately we conceded that we don’t know squat about this stuff and we’ll leave it to the experts. Concrete should be poured this weekend or the first part of next week.

2. The Kid: … has got to be out of room. Her rolling is sometimes painful as it’s so strong and forceful on my stomach. I’ve been wrong with everything else with this pregnancy (the fact that I was pregnant, her being a boy, etc.) but I'm expecting her to come early. Putting that in writing probably means she’ll be 2 weeks late.

3. Kid Stuff: the crib is in and they’re going to hold it for us until we move to the new house. We found out that Toys R Us carries the pattern that I wanted for our stroller/car seat so we’re buying that tonight. Jim’s co-worker was confused why we were going out of our way for a specific pattern for the travel system then she realized and exclaimed “oh, I forgot, this is your first kid.” :P ha ha

4. Teaching: I got my Spring semester reviews back and they were awesome. My overall effectiveness average was a 4.78/5.0 as rated by 24 students. Class value was a 4.82/5.0. My lowest score was a 4.52/5.0 on “makes me work hard” – oh, I can fix that! My favorite part of the evaluations were the unprompted 3 write-ins of “The best teacher I’ve ever had at XU” and 2 “Karen deserves a raise”. I'm so glad my boss reads these things!

6 comments:

Martha said...

Look how optimistic you are! You keep being proven wrong about this pregnancy stuff, yet you keep making predictions. :)
I love the "oh this is your first kid comment". While that is partially true, I think it is also has to do with whose kid it is. :) I'm fairly certain any kids I may ever have will always have coordinating things (and they'll all have a little polo pony on them, hahaha)!!

TreyJ said...

Well, if she's two weeks late there's a chance she could have a really cool day for her birthday (July 19). But I hope for your sake that's not the case.

Anonymous said...

As another adjunct prof, the chances of a raise are pretty slim. They have a salary table to follow, and the salary won't change unless the university changes it for all adjunct.

Viki said...

You definitely deserve a raise. :-)

If I were having a child, I'd want matching stuff for him/her, too - heck, I'm pretty specific about the collars each of the cats wear. I echo Martha with the 'each kid should have his/her own coordinating pattern' thing...

Gtemp said...

Lol so what was the class average??? Judging by the reviews, I'm gonna go with a 3.2 class average... ;P

Megs said...

That 'this is your kid' comment was hilarious. I think I would be like that too... however, I don't have 3 or 4 kids... let alone 1!

Congrats on the great reviews! I wouldn't have expected anything different though. I'm sure you were fantastic!