Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend of 6/1/07

Friday: work was SLOW- boring projects led to a long day. I did have a highlight at the end when Sarah W stopped in and brought me flowers! :)

That night Lisa and Kendall spoiled us with these amazing cheeseburgers, salad and chips. Jim & Kendall played some Wii and Lisa and I chatted up a storm. Nicole actually made an appearance (apparently she likes Kendall’s burgers too!) putting Lisa on a very short list of friends/family who has felt her move in utero. It was very sad to realize that was out last shindig in their current house. :( I know their new house will be amazing, but I liked THIS house!

Excitement on the way home: We got pulled over. UGH. It's so nerve-wrecking for me to see those lights behind the car, even if I'm not driving. Anyway, the guy was really nice and let Jim off with a warning (78 in a 65) which we VERY much appreciated.

Saturday: As I was reading People and Jim was studying, Dave P called and asked Jim if he would step in as his Best Man that evening for Dave/Carole’s vow renewal ceremony (Dave’s brother got sick). Of course Jim was honored to do so and his wife was delighted to see him all dressed up. The ceremony, my first renewal ceremony, was beautiful – the flowers were gorgeous, Carole looked “hot” as Tom and Meghan pointed out, Dale played wonderfully, and the whole event was incredibly touching and meaningful.

Sunday: Got up around 8 (on a weekend?!!?) and did some around the house stuff until we left for OSU around 11. We went north to see the OSU Dental School graduation ceremony for a few of Jim’s friends (a groomsman and the reader in our wedding grad’ed together coincidentally enough). Nice ceremony, John Glenn gave a funny commencement speech, but it was WEIRD to hear them call out Jim’s friends as “Dr. Robert Yoxthimer” and “Dr. David Bernal”. I think it was kind of weird for them too!

When we got home we ate dinner and watched The Prize Winner from Defiance, Ohio, a movie Kendall let us borrow on Friday. I think I cried about 4X during the movie. Some parts were just so sad/happy I couldn’t help it! Great acting, good plot. B+ (not an A because I wouldn’t want to watch it again – who likes crying so much!?)

6 comments:

Megs said...

This is the year for graduations apparently! I'm going to ANOTHER one tonight & tomorrow (sister's). I'm sure that was neat to see all of Jim & your friends up there getting honored like that and everything though.

I kinda wanna see that movie now. I haven't had a good cry in MONTHS!

Mamma Sarah said...

I'm glad that I made the highlight list!!! :-) I'm with Megan, I think I'll rent that for a good cry! :-D

Finlands finest said...

I love renewal of vow ceremonies! I am sure Jim felt honored to be there!!

LisaMarie said...

We're glad you liked it. We really liked it too. But you're right, it gets kinda teary....

ps. Kendall says he didn't cry even once! LOL!

Martha said...

you deleted me from your favorites list! tsk. :(

Viki said...

I'm proud of Jim for speeding, my mother will be as well. :-)