Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend of 6/8/07

A few highlights from the weekend:

1. The “hole” is coming along (see picture) – we got to take Jim’s parents and his aunt/uncle/cousins to go see it over the weekend when they came to visit.

2. Dave and Rachel’s wedding was WONDERFUL. Couldn’t have asked for better weather, which was great as it was all outdoors. The ceremony was a man-friendly 11 minutes, and the dinner was a great ethnic blend of oriental, Mexican, and Italian buffets. Loved everything about it!

3. Also took in Homearama this weekend with the family (I have friends with busy social lives!)- I was looking for decorating ideas for the next house. Didn’t find as many as I’d hoped and many of the houses were very average. One we were in Mom commented, “I like your new house better and it’s $2 million less”. She wasn’t just being polite… Only 3/10 houses were in the $1 millions, none of them were worth the cost. Still nice to see how the “other half” (2%?) live.

4. I was asked to teach an MBA class this summer (intro to Marketing) but declined as the class starts 2 weeks after my due date and I think I’ll have more than enough going on to keep me busy. Flattering to be asked though!

7 comments:

Megs said...

Oooooh I love Homearamas!

The wedding looked beautiful! Glad the weather was great for not only Dave & Rachel but the guests as well!

Katrin said...

The wedding looks sooo nice! Homearama - something to google in short time. Your hole looks great! (Just sounds strange...)

Viki said...

Yes, lovely wedding. What ever happened with Rachel's future sil and her mom and the concert they were going to? I hope it all worked out...Keep your fingers crossed for good weather on 6/23!

*clapping for your house*

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Gtemp said...

So when do things actually start to get stacked up (aka the frame)

Finlands finest said...

The wedding looks beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

yay for my beautiful wedding!!!! everything was wonderful... but the company stepped it up to perfect.

we just got back from our honeymoon. why-o, why-o, why-o do i ever leave ohio?