Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend of 6/15/07

What a weekend!! We were so busy I felt like it was almost a long weekend… which made getting up this morning NOT fun.

Friday: Our original plans cancelled on us so we were open to accept an impromptu grill-out invite at Jon & Kristi’s. Good food, good company, nice wrap-up to a boring workday

Saturday: Jim bought a book on selling your own house since Greg’s going to grad school and saving money by continuing to live at home. He (Jim) hands it to me on Friday night and instructs “read this book this weekend”. While flattering that he thinks I can read a whole book in a day and a half, it was a challenge that now I had to live up to! So, Saturday I spent about an hour and a half with the For Sale By Owner (FSBO) book, trying to learn about title companies, escrow, and financing. Semi-interesting though hard to fully understand as I’ve personally never bought a house to have experience with these things. Good thing Jim’s been there, done that.

Megan, Stephanie and left early afternoon to go to the spa for massages/pedicures (thanks to a gift certificate from our former boss). They had a cushion with a big hole for my stomach and two divots for my breasts that went on top of the massage table so I could lay front-down. What an odd sensation after not having “laid” on my stomach for 7 months!

I unsuccessfully ran some errands then read more of the FSBO book until Jim came home from Spencerville around 7. We decided to go out for Mexican and on the way the Sentra stopped working literally while we were driving. Same symptoms as this winter that cost us $1100. We did end up getting to dinner around 8:30 after taking the car off at Car X and after I ate my enchiladas an exciting thing happened – Nicole dropped! It was an odd feeling because I literally felt her move from high on me about 2 inches lower – suddenly the weight of carrying her was resting on my thighs as I sat! When I saw Mom the next day she unprompted commented on the fact that I was now carrying lower. Things are getting closer! Lindsay said that Ryann dropped about 2 weeks before she was born. That would put Nicole’s birth on July 1 if the same rings true for me!

Sunday: I cooked for about 3 hours (made my first cheesecake from scratch which turned out really well!), we took my aunt and uncle up north to see our model house (which they raved about!), and we went to my parents for Father’s Day. This is a good time to mention that on Friday I got a call from Morton’s Steakhouse informing me that I won an essay contest about why my dad is the “rarest” which earned me/us dinner for 4! Hooray! Dale graced us with his presence and tolerated all the Templin/Wolf bonding. Dessert went over really well, which made me happy, and we got home around 10:30.

7 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I'm excited to hear the Nicole has dropped!

What did you say in your essay on why your dad is the rarest?? I would like to read that!!

Good luck with the for sale by owner book, I think that would put me to sleep :)

Viki said...

Woo-hoo! Nicole's almost here! Congrats, too, on the cheesecake and the essay. :-)

BTW - Kristin was saying that you and Sarah F should come to her wedding - she wants to live it up with the Meijer Superman underwear girls. I told her it might be difficult for you, but she had confidence that you could still live it up at almost 9 months. :-)

LisaMarie said...

WOW, you felt her drop. That would freak me out! But at the same time it's exciting because now you know she's almost ready! CRAZY!

Two weeks seems so short.....and yet so long!

Megs said...

That's so exciting about Nicole dropping! I am sure it must have been the massage from earlier in the day! You need to go into labor this week so we can have a short workweek and a fun drive to the hospital! I'm very very excited!

Congrats on the cheesecake! You'll make an amazing mother!

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like things are fun as ever! I'm so jealous you felt the drop. Man, I got jipped!!!

I too would love to read your essay!

Martha said...

girl, one of these days you're going to have to slow down! You exhaust me (maybe that's why I sleep so much).

Odd question. I know there are a lot of Wolf's in the Cincy area. Would I know any of the ones you're related to?

TreyJ said...

Dude - dinner at Mortons for free? Kickass!