Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Week 39- 1 to go!

How your baby's growing: Your baby's ready to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) Your baby's organs are fully developed and in place, and the outer layers of skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

If the week passes and your baby stays put, don't panic. Only 5 percent of babies are born on their scheduled due date. And your baby can't make you wait indefinitely for her arrival.

My Take: Dr. appointment this morning went really well – I’ve lost a pound since last week bring my total weight gain to 37lbs. Nicole’s heartbeat was 152 (normal), and I'm 75% effaced/2-3 cm dilated. Making good progress!

I'm past the nervous stage and onto the excitement stage. I'm not even worried about the epidural! I really really really look forward to getting back into my normal clothes again – it’ll be like getting a whole new wardrobe!

The doctor’s parting words this morning were “see you in a week, if not before” – let’s hope he’s right! Greg’s out of town until Friday night so anytime after that I'm ready when she’s ready.

2 comments:

Megs said...

Yeah for progress!!! I vote for Saturday, Sunday or Monday morning. Monday morning would actually be preferrable because then I can leave work and take you to the hospital! So try your best for that day ;) haha

Oh, and just an FYI, I was part of that 5%! I feel kinda special.

Finlands finest said...

You looked amazing today. I have no doubt that Nicole is considering which day she would prefer to have as her birthday for the rest of her life. I am putting my money on the 1st....