Friday, December 01, 2006

The Buzz in Fairfield

So, now that I’ve been to the doctor this morning and gotten the thumbs up on life being great and my body being normal, I’m happy to formally announce that …

Jim and I are pregnant and due on July 7, 2007.

So far so good – I have little to no morning sickness, I haven’t gained any weight, and if I’m being moody Jim and my co-workers are keeping their mouths shut about it. Really, it still feels like I’m talking in third person because it just doesn’t feel real.

On December 27th we get to hear the heartbeat for the first time and the month after that we get to have our one and only ultrasound where we DO intend on finding out the sex of the baby.

Both sets of parents are completely elated as you can imagine. What’s neat about the timing is that our kid and Mike & Lindsay’s will be in the same grade. They are now about 4 months ahead of us as of yesterday when they moved her due date up.

Anyway, that’s all I got! I’ll keep you posted as much or as little as you care to be!

18 comments:

Viki said...

I'm so glad I don't have to keep my mouth shut about this - congrats!

Megs said...

I second Viki! I need to gush about you and Lindsay freely!! Congratulations for the 18th million time! I'm so happy for both of you!

Sarah said...

Hurray, you're having a baby! I'm glad your doctor appointment went well and everything is a-ok, as we knew it would be! I'm gonna be an aunt!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Karen! What great news :)

Martha said...

Congratulations Karen and Jim! :-)

Gtemp said...

You keep them babies coming and I'll keep up the best uncle award!

P.S. Only girls think that far ahead about your kid and Lindsay's going to be in the same grade. I think Lou Lou should send their kid to a different school just because... haha j/k :P

LisaMarie said...

I really wanted to have a kid at the same time as Dathan and Natalie for that same reason. So I understand that mentality.

And THANK GOD you're going to find out the sex! That kills me, not knowing. My friend Amy did too, and it's so much easier calling her kid "he". That drove me nuts about Natalie. I kept calling Annaliese "baby" even after she was born! Are you going to name the baby too so we can actually call it by that name?

LisaMarie said...

I'm still jealous though....SUCK! =P

Mamma Sarah said...

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! AHHHHHH!

Anonymous said...

looks like you've been blogging a year. Happy Anniversary.

Viki said...

Hey, you got a random poster! Hooray!

Martha said...

I was wondering who would wish you a happy anniversary for *blogging* yet not congratulate you on your pregnancy!!!

Dave said...

Congrats!
Boy or girl you baby will be very good at softball and dancing the polka :)

Megs said...

...And he/she will never pay too much for a T1

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Jen and I are of course excited for both of you, congrats!



Remember that it's never too early to start playing "The Evil Earth Overlord: A Primer" while the child is in the womb. It's always best to start them early!

Darth Shan said...

Congratulations !

Terye said...

Wonderful news, congrats!!!!!!!!!But I want you to know that I couldn't keep my mouth shut after I found out. I told everyone I told about my trip...but don't worry I am sure I didn't let the cat out the bag. hahha

Anonymous said...

Two of my favorite people are multiplying! Yay!