Monday, December 18, 2006

Weekend of 12/15/06

Here’s the baby update for the week:
Your fig-size baby is now fully formed — measuring 1 1/2 inches long and weighing in at a quarter of an ounce. His skin is still transparent, allowing many of his blood vessels to show through. Some of his bones are beginning to harden. His fingers and toes have separated, and he may soon be able to open and close his fists. He's already busy kicking and stretching, and his tiny movements are so fluid they look like water ballet. These movements will increase as his body grows and becomes more developed and functional. As your baby's diaphragm develops, he may also start getting the hiccups. Because he's still so small, you won't feel any of his aquatic workouts or intrauterine gulps for another month or so.

How do I feel? Like nothing is going on. If I continually graze I don’t even hit a 1/10 on a “morning sickness Richter chart”. And I feel REALLY REALLY lucky about that.

Quick weekend recap: Was off on Friday as you know, bowled out on Saturday morning and watched Sopranos (season 6) most of the afternoon with Jim. We attended my XU Marketing Christmas party, which was nice as I got to meet EVERYONE for the first time. Sunday was more Sopranos watching and then dinner with the Williamses before heading to the Polley’s Christmas Concert at their church (which was really lovely). All in all, a low-key nice weekend.

17 comments:

linds2273 said...

i cant wait to meet your little fig sized baby!!!

Mamma Sarah said...

Williamses? Is there such a thing? I think you mean Williams'... hahaha. I'm glad that we were part of your "low-key" weekend. Thanks for the invite! :-D

Finlands finest said...

Sounds like your little fig is doing well!!! Glad that you have no morning sickness!!

Viki said...

I like the "Williamses" - it makes your name look longer and cooler. :-)

The grape is getting bigger every week!

LisaMarie said...

HAHA, Sarah corrected your grammar.....okay, sorry, had to get that stab in.

This was a much better week in terms of baby's growth. Not as gross as last weeks. Pretty soon he/she will be moving around in there and you WILL feel it. How exciting! And glad to hear you aren't getting morning sickness...

Don't they have an old wives tale that says women who don't get morning sickness are having girls and those that get is severely are having boys? Sarah W, any confirmation? Hehe....Little Bronx is on her way....

Mamma Sarah said...

That for sure is a wives tale. I had no (only 1 week if you remember) morning sickness. I'm still betting it's a boy! There's also that wives tale (which seems to be more true than not) that if you get severe heartburn your baby is hairy. That one for me was TOTALLY true!

Viki said...

Ha, ha. Hairy baby...

Viki said...

Sorry, that was weird

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

for the record, "williamses" is correct. There's no possessiveness so Williams' is not appropriate here.


And, Lisa, it's the other way around. bad sickness = girl, no sickness = boy. further proof!!

me said...

I didn't have any morning sickness...and had a girl. I think its a girl..because your preparing for a boy.

LisaMarie said...

Hmmm.....then maybe you ARE having a boy.....let's find more wives tales to test out!

Sarah said...

I continue to support my opinion that you're going to have a girl simply because you are so set on having a boy.

Martha said...

I agree about the "williamses" (same as "keeping up with the joneses").
I love the fruit analogies for the baby!
My sister had morning sickness for all 4 of her children...the worst was a boy (she has 3 boys and 1 girl).
I agree 100% with Sarah that you're having a girl based solely on your being adament that you're having a boy. :-)

Martha said...

aww, you have a water ballerina. how cute. :-) (and how pc is it that they mentioned that on a "he" week).

TreyJ said...

For me, a "low-key" weekend one be would where I play everything in B-Flat basso!

Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Megs said...

Aquatic workouts? Water ballet? What a superstar!