Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend of 12/8/06

Ahhh, Monday morning. Does anyone like them?

Weekend was good. We went to PF Chang’s for dinner on Friday night with Jim’s boss and his wife. Following, we came back to our house for brownies and cards. Jim’s boss, John, made a funny comment towards the end of the evening when he asked if Jim knew any card tricks. Being as how this was the manner that won me over for dear Jim, I laughed and asked if he (John) was referring to the night we (Jim and I) met. “No, I don’t know that story,” he answered, “card tricks just seem like something Jim would know how to do. He excels at all these one-off’s. Like ping pong.” Funny, and so true.

Saturday we bummed around, watched Deadwood, I read People, Jim researched CFA certifications and we did a little Christmas shopping. We had 3 party invitations for that evening (in Mason, Colerain, and Hyde Park… in that order. Can’t get much more geographically diverse). We went to the Cetti’s for dinner first – notable thing about their party was that there were no kids last year and 5 babies this year! Around 9 we arrived at the Lewis’s to hang out with them at their Christmas party. We left their place around midnight and I was way too exhausted to head to Andy’s party (I know, bad friend of the year award).

Sunday I was plagued with a horrible migraine that left me in bed the whole day except for church and lunch. Jim went out to buy me some Tylenol and that blissfully knocked me out (finally!) for an hour. I felt well enough then to go to mom’s for a Wolf tradition, strudel-making, for several hours. Then home and back to bed. Mostly wasted day. : (

Good news of the day: only 7.5 working days of the year left!

5 comments:

Megs said...

I wish I only had 7.5 days left :( Sounds like you had an exciting weekend!

Megs said...

sorry - thats supposed to be a :(

it came out wrong

me said...

More Baby UPDATES!

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, except for Sunday! Who is lumpiewan? :-D

Karen said...

lumpie = carol (who's ironically very skinny, cute, and not lumpy at all)