Friday, December 15, 2006

Jim's another year (well, day) older!

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, JIM!! Another decade to your name and still hot as ever!

This is the sign that was in our yard (from Dad) when I got up this morning!
We went to Mom and Dad’s for dinner last night for Jim’s birthday “party”. Mom made lasagna for the family, Jim and I, and Dale. We opened presents and ate blueberry cobbler and ice cream and played a little Domino’s. Special shout-out to Dale for his creative b-day present to Jim: a blue t-shirt that says “wingman” on it. I got Jim some pistol laser thing he wanted. I don’t know anything about that stuff, but I can follow directions well when the online bookmark he set up is clear with the model number. :)

I’m off work!! Only 3 ½ more days left of the year!!! What have I accomplished so far at 9:30am? I got my very last Christmas card out the door (previously ran out of letters!), read everyone’s blogs, ate breakfast, writing this… I’m having lunch with Jamie C this afternoon, Christmas shopping, Christmas wrapping and then I’m going to spend HOURS on my spring class material. Fun fun…

Two final notes:
1) Lindsay is a very cute pregnant lady
2) My brother Mike vehemently bashed bloggers last night (he claims we’re “time wasters” so now we all have to hate him.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the sign :) (Jess)

linds2273 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!!

thanks for the compliment karen :-)

i have 2 words: MIKE SUCKS!!!

Anonymous said...

Sign looks awfully familiar... still love it though!!

I second your compliment about Lindsay... she is adorable!

And I also second the 'MIKE SUCKS!' Bryan also bashes bloggers so... BRYAN SUCKS TOO!

And have fun on your day off... the office is quiet :(

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Happy Birthday Jim.


As for Mike's comment, or Bryan's as well.........


Those that can't do, mock...........

Viki said...

Yeah, Mike totally sucks - he has no idea that blogging is the only connection I have to the outside world!

Happy birthday

LisaMarie said...

Thanks for the call last night, too bad I didn't get to talk to you, just your husband...=P

And it's a shame Mike doesn't have the talent to write a blog. He's just jealous that we're all so gifted with words and wit and he's not. HA! AT least TWO of the Templin children have it...=)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jim!! I enjoyed your letter by the way Karen... my family receives and writes letters but I am not doing one yet because there's really nothing interesting to tell from this year. At least I can live vicariously through your (and others') letter! :p
~ Jen O.

Martha said...

send my wishes for a happy birthday to Jim!

Blogging is the ultimate time waster. and a great way to keep in touch with people (did we keep in touch this regularly prior to your influence on bloging?) And a way to get to know and *meet* other people.

Dale said...

Juicepouch Mike sucks

Dave said...

Happy 30th Jim.

Good thing you aren't a Running back you'd be over the hill.

Megs said...

Karen I'm very disappointed! NO LETTER FOR ME???

Gtemp said...

haha to Dales comment.

Hold on now. Let's go back to one of my previous questions for you: So what would you say you do?!?

Last I checked Friday was still a work day (of course unless you are a business major which hasn't had a Friday class since Freshman year). Has the work schedule changed to 4 days a week now? Cause I'm ok with that..

Martha said...

Hahaha. Now that Jim is 30, he can also be 30-something/in his thirties. That means Jim might as well be 40 b/c there is now no differentiation between 30 and 39, and 39 is rounded to 40! I just aged him 10 more years. :-)

Greg: I work 10 hour days. Which means 4 days IS a full workweek and we get 3 days off when working fulltime.

Mamma Sarah said...

Happy birthday to your stud muffin hubby! :-D Sorry I'm late in posting this but... life got in the way. :-D

Finlands finest said...

Happy late birthday Jim!! You old man :)