Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It all adds up to...

Another “HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN” – the big 2-8 and firmly seated in her “late twenties”. Ha! Jen was nice enough to let me tag along to her birthday dinner at the Olive Garden. Good times, good company.

After dinner with Jimmy, we settled in to watch Castaway. A movie I’ve seen before and didn’t remember liking, I literally BAWLED when the damn volleyball floated away and when Helen Hunt cries that he was the “love of her life”. Geez… I'm getting to be such a softie in my late twenties.

After the movie, Jim asked me for help with his finance model for work. Why was this exciting? Because I was so flattered that he thought I could actually help him (and I did figure it out!). I know I have my MBA and all but normally anything relating to business numbers I try to stay far far away due to distaste (not, obviously, ineptitude). I felt quite proud of myself for being able to assist.

8 comments:

Viki said...

It's ok to cry at stuff like that - I've gotten dorked out much more often than normal these days.

I always feel honored when Trey askes for my help or opinion on things, especially on musical things...

Megs said...

Karen I feel honored every day when you ask me for help with your projects :) Even though…. That IS my job! Yeah for feeling smart… hopefully I make you feel that way everyday with my dumb questions!

Mamma Sarah said...

It's the hormones!!!

linds2273 said...

it's definitely the hormones!!!

Finlands finest said...

Thanks for coming last night Karen!

I've never seen Castaway, but I'm sure its good if it makes you emotional.

I love to be asked for advice, so I definately understood how you felt being able to help Jim.

linds2273 said...

i'm supposed to bug you about a bag from sarah w.

Gtemp said...

I think you are just getting too damn old... what a wimp! who cries when a volleyball floats away?!?!

TreyJ said...

WIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!