Wednesday, December 27, 2006

After Christmas Activities

I’m trying to be conscientious of not being “that girl” who talks about nothing but being pregnant. This is strange because hour-to-hour I often forget I’m pregnant because I’m doing other things and it’s not that exciting (yet). However, every time I sit down to blog I feel the need to comment about something. Alas, I’ll make it short and sweet…

We (Jim and I) went to the doctor this afternoon to hear the heartbeat for the first time. The lady was barely done saying that “this might take a while to find” when she put the little device on me and it was there immediately. Sounded like a galloping horse. 152 beats/minute which is in the normal range of 130-160. Feeling my stomach the doc also said I’m “definitely progressing”. I have a bag of size 8 and 10 clothes for Sarah that I had been wearing and I pulled out some of my old size 12 stuff that I had shrunk out of but saved just for this occasion, so I will agree with Dr. Silver.

Christmas was great – lotsa family time between our two families Sat-Monday. And we’re goin’ back in for more on Thursday when we celebrate G-Scott and Grandpa’s birthdays. Jim got me a 5 hour spa package and a book where he, Sarah W and I are the main characters (we’re hospital nurses/doctors in a romantic escapade). My parents went overboard with kiddie stuff, pizza stones, remote controlled airplanes (Jim), roaster pan, etc.

Jimmy and I are watching 24 season 5 (?) now. After watching the 5th season of The Sopranos where each episode is a full hour (HBO) these 24 episodes seem super short at 40 minutes each.

I’m also making progress on my Professional Selling class prep. I did 2 chapters yesterday, will do at least 2 today and hope to keep that trend up the rest of this break. I ended up giving out 18 A’s and 11B’s in my B2B class- a class average that was a little higher than I expected, but like 5 people slid in with 90.0-91.0’s and that still merits an A. I get my evaluations back in about a month from the B2B class. If this semester is like last, they’ll ask me to teach the fall class around the end of January.

Anyway, this is quite long enough! Have a great day!

14 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

HOORAY for baby progression! Glad to hear the clothes are working out for you!

So that's what Jim called me for awhile ago. :-) I totally have to read this book about us! Now I'm kinda scared. :-P

Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas.

LisaMarie said...

WOW! A 5 hour spa package! FANCY! What a good husband you have...

Anonymous said...

just wait til you get to see your little girl *evil laugh*. it is so amazing!!!

you two made out like bandits too ... lol.

Anonymous said...

Karen;
Merry Christmas. Sounds like everything went very well. I have mastered the Christmas Concert on Compact Disk and Carole and I will get a copy to you and Jim very soon. I can get one to your friends who came as well if they would like one. Takes about a half an hour to burn one with all of the track markings. It turned out so much better than I thought it would. So glad you and your friends came. Hey! Is this RC airplane of Jim's serious or is it what we call a "park flyer"? Let me know if he needs help with it. I think I "know someone" who can fly it and give some pointers on those perfect take off's and landings. Happy New Year!!

David

Megs said...

Yeeeah for a good doc appointment! Glad to see that your getting alot done on your time off of work :) It was VEEEEERY quiet at the office today. Hurry back!!!

Viki said...

Hooray for the grape getting bigger! My mom thought your thing about your cantelope boobs the other day was hysterical, by the way...

Glad you had a good Christmas, too, and that things for your next class are going well. I know you will definitely get asked to do another one in the fall...

Mamma Sarah said...

We would love a copy of the Christmas Concert! :-D

Sarah said...

I'm totally jealous of the 5 hour spa package! That's amazing!

I'm also excited to hear about the grape's progression. Soon you'll have a belly that everyone will want to rub!

Anonymous said...

Sarah! Will be glad to give you a copy of the concert. I will give an extra to Jim and Karen, and they can get it too you. Thank you so much for coming. Your little boy was so good during the performance. I guess he relly liked it. Maybe you can use it to calm him down when the need arises in the future. Merry Christmas.
Sincerely,

David and Carole Polley

Finlands finest said...

Oh, Karen be "that girl"...we want you to!

The spa package is great!!! Jim's very thoughtful!

Megs said...

You need a picture!!! We'll take care of that when you come back to work next week ;)

Katharine said...

In your defense for being "that girl", its less than 8 months at a time ( by the time you find out...even less by the time you announce) AND it is something pretty major in your life to discuss.
-Martha

Martha said...

We forgot the Accidental's CD! silly us. Have you tried any of the chocolates? I didn't make a guide...I hope y'all aren't allergice (hmm....just in case: caramel, orange, red velvet, and coconut-that has some almond paste in it).

TreyJ said...

The spa package sounds nice, but I wanna hear more about Jim's RC airplane!