Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend of 12/1/06

This weekend, like so many lately, was a blur. I took Friday off initially because I planned on going to Akron to visit Sarah, but ended up using the day to go to the doctor, do some Christmas shopping, and enjoy the break from work. Jim and I did a whole lot of nothing that night, if I remember correctly, but went to bed early to be up for traveling on Saturday.

Saturday morning we got up and rushed around to get ready to head back to Spencerville. We sold Jim’s old Grand Prix, hit up a 2:00 wedding for the sister of one of his childhood friends, and then went to the reception. We didn’t leave the reception until 9:30 which made for a REALLY long day of visiting. The night was capped off well though as Jim got to break the “big news” to his aunt and uncle when we got back to their place.

Sunday morning breakfast was a whole family affair and more rounds of good news was shared. We were surprised by a call from Jim’s mom and Doug that they were at the truck stop waiting for us so we left Spencerville a little early to go down and spend a few hours with them. They’re seriously considering moving to AZ in January for a total lifestyle change (no more trucking, but normal 9-5 jobs) so it’s nice to squeeze in this time while it’s convenient to do so.

Bowling was awful on Sunday night. The second game I got no marks at all and therefore didn’t break 100. Blech. I did manage to get a $6.99 pizza from Papa John’s for dinner though so at least we ate well, albeit late at 9:00pm.

This morning at work my bosses had a huge champagne breakfast for us with made-to-order omelet’s, hash browns, pancakes, juice, etc. It was amazing. I’m in charge of brining in something next Wednesday for both me and for Jim’s office. This’ll be hard to top!

8 comments:

Viki said...

I want a champagne brunch at work!

Glad you had a good weekend - I hear ya on the being too busy thing.

And, I'm sorry, but I have to comment on this - what were the omelets in possession of? :-)

Karen said...

spell check auto-corrected it and i didn't notice!

Mamma Sarah said...

Mmmmm... sounds awesome! How many people are we preparing for???

Sarah said...

mmmmmmmmm brunch.....breakfast is definately my favorite meal!

What are the guidelines for your contributions? I might have some ideas for you.

Martha said...

What was the special occasion for the champagne brunch? That's great for you! What are you doing for your turn?

Megs said...

The brunch is definitely something to look forward to in December.... aside from my food which is the 18th. (It's even better than Karen's! - teasing)

Finlands finest said...

I would love a champagne and omelot breakfast in the morning....


Oh Tom....

TreyJ said...

Champagne brunches are the best kind of brunches!