Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What's been up

If the rule of six degrees of separation works for gossip as it does for just knowing someone I think that about 82% of Japan now knows that Alex was born.

Other than thinking about and doting on my Godson I have been doing other things. Nothing quite as cute, but other things.

1) I watched Mona Lisa Smile and got all happy again about being a feminist and a aspiring teacher
2) I watched Message in a Bottle (aka CryFest 2006). Holy crap is that a sappy movie. I bet that PMSing women could successfully sue the producers for emotional distress. I think I actually lost weight from how many tears I shed those two hours. Good lord.
3) I ate at Marian’s Pizza in Dayton and discovered it’s really not that good.
4) I have now spent hours preparing for this Marketing class (which starts 8/29/06). I went through and did about 90% of my syllabus, met Ginger for dinner last night for additional advice, and went to 3 hours of “training” at XU tonight with various people (how to use the library, what’s reasonable class averages for grades, what to do if a student is unruly in class…).
5) I missed my free pass to The Illusionist (sneak preview) because of the XU fair (booo!)
6) I mentally chided all of you for not blogging more often.
7) I got to have lunch with Jen & Tom (I'm trying to be fun so she moves home faster)
8) I gave up on my daisies coming back to life – a week away in Alaska with 100 degree temperatures and no water burned ‘em to a crisp.
9) I got irritated that this blog means I won’t see Alex’s face first thing when I open my webpage

8 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Aren't you funny... :-D You are totally smitten (sp?) over my son (ok, how weird does that sound???). I totally love all those movies!

Bummed you missed The Illusionist! I was hoping to get filled in because it looks like an awesome movie!

LisaMarie said...

Hmmmm, maybe you just had a bad pizza. I like Marions.

I feel ya on the getting ready for school thing. I've been updating all of my lesson plans and rules and schedules. Plus I have to make about a million copies at school still. OYE!

Finlands finest said...

You are going to be the best prof!! I'd be sad Alex's face isn't first on your webpage too. You could always add him as your screen saver....

TreyJ said...

At least they had cheese to put on the pizza...

Viki said...

Message in a Bottle - the book was great, but I got annoyed with the movie. I thought Kevin Costner was a little wimpy.

Glad things are off and running for you to start your class!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Hey, where are your posts Ms. Blog Monitor and chider of people who don't post regularly enough?

Consider yourself officialy chided for not posting more often, most especially since you went on vacation. We are seriously starting to question your dedication to blogging......

Mamma Sarah said...

LOL to Tom's comment! HAHAHAHAHA!

Viki said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! I've been wanting to do this to you and Lisa. Thanks Tom!