Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Gettin' Ready for School

I cause myself too much work but many of you can understand because I think you're the same away. I made a goal of prepping 1 chapter a night for my marketing class so that I can have all my stuff together and feel really prepared. The slides that the previous instructor gave me I thought were going to be a good start because they were made by the publisher of the book. But I can’t use them.

Why can't I save myself an hour a night?
1) they cover dumb material that isn’t interesting
2) they’re so comprehensive I'm not sure the class would be comprised of anything but lecture if I used them
3) they’re ugly

So, what I thought would be easy isn’t. I'm creating all new slides that are pretty, functional, and engaging. Why am I such a perfectionist!?

7 comments:

Viki said...

How do you think you got to be a professor when you're only 27?

Dale said...

Hooray on behalf of your students for parsing those slides

Finlands finest said...

I agree with Viki!!!

Mamma Sarah said...

I too agree with Viki!!!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

I also agree with Viki!!!

Karen said...

viki is brilliant!

Viki said...

Thank you!