Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Big News!

Please excuse the interruption of the Alaskan Vacation Recap for an important announcement....

I have been offered, and as of today have formally accepted, an adjunct teaching position at Xavier University!

Please excuse my not prompting you that this was going on, but I didn't want to announce anything until it was all finalized. This is a great opportunity that was pretty much handed to me by a former professor who is moving out of state and recommended me to the Chair of the Marketing Department to replace her. Piece by piece it came together and with the blessing of my company I'll be teaching Business to Business Marketing on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-11:15am from August 24 through the first week of December. I also have the choice to pick up more classes in the Spring semester if I'd like.

I'm so excited and can't wait to start putting the class together! Thanks to everyone for your love and support as I start this new adventure!

12 comments:

Dale said...

Congrats Karen! Sounds like a lot of fun. The hours aren't too bad either. I think you'll be a great teacher.

Make sure you do that graduate elective class in the spring so I can take it and heckle you. Well, I guess I should be nice because your class might be the only class that stands in the way of my graduation!

Mamma Sarah said...

We (Danny, Alex and I-and the kitties too) are all so excited for you and this awesome opportunity! I look forward to the stories you will have to share! :-D

LisaMarie said...

WOW! That's great! Very exciting...and very nerve wracking too I'm sure. Now we can both bitch about our students.

Gtemp said...

Maybe I'll have to sit in one of your classes and critique it for ya! ;-) j/k

Gtemp said...

Maybe I'll have to sit in one of your classes and critique it for ya! ;-) j/k

TreyJ said...

Congrats Prof. Karen!!!

Anonymous said...

Hell Yeah! Congrats, I know this is something you have been wanting to do for awhile now :)

Tom said...

Congrats! That is so exciting and a great opportunity!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Hehehe, we've been talking about this for so long, I'm happy it's finally going to come through for you!

I might have to sign up for a class just to join Dale in heckling you! And I won't even have to worry about that graduation thing he's talking about!

Viki said...

Hooray! Do they do distance learning?

Karen said...

yes they do (do distance learning) for both undergrad and grad work. :)

Finlands finest said...

I'm soo happy for you!!! Maybe I'll take your class too.....been thinking about getting an MBA. :)