Thursday, August 10, 2006

Entertainment Review

I’ve been consumed with posting about vacation but I have done some actual living in the past two weeks too. Some comments on the things I’ve seen lately:

Mystery, Alaska- OK, I watched this with Greg on the cruise. We thought it was another documentary about Alaska that the Sturgises recommended and really it was a full feature-length movie with a plot and everything! Done some time ago but still well-acted. The plot was okay and it kept our interest enough to be late to the last formal dinner of the trip. Rating: B

The Last Sunday in June – this is a play my Grandma Templin invited me to preview at The Know theatre in Over-the-Rhine. The acting was quite good but the subject matter isn’t everyone’s cup of tea – it’s about the last Sunday in June (Gay Pride Day) and follows 6 homosexual men through a character study over 2 hours. I think tickets are $25 and it runs for the next three weeks. Rating: A-

The DaVinci Code- I’m not sure what all those haters were talking about. I really enjoyed this movie from start to finish. Lots of folks said that if you didn’t read the book it was hard to follow. I can’t comment on that because I did read the book and thought the movie was quite clear and true to Dan Brown’s original work. For $2.50 at the Danbarry cinema it’s a must-see. Rating: A-

Batman Begins- Jim and I saw this first at the “real” (aka full-price) theatre in Ft. Worth and rewatched it on DVD last week. Good the first time, just as enjoyable the second. And it’s so flowing into the rest of the series. Rating: A.

I’m re-watching The Prince and Me again. Cute the first time so it merited another round. It’s a little frustrating because it’s now taken us 3 nights of watching and we’re still not done. That’s certainly not the way a movie was meant to be taken in (in parts). I’m not sure Jim is as entertained as I am. Rating: B+

2 comments:

Viki said...

I still need to see the DaVinci Code - the book was fantastic. Thanks for the other reviews, too.

TreyJ said...

When were you in Ft. Worth? Why didn't you tell me? You could have seen my folks!