Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekend of 8/18/06

It was a full and fun weekend. Some items to share:

1. I WON THE TV!!! I got the final word on Friday that the contest is over and ended in my favor!!! Jim’s already researched what he wants to get and hopefully this week the certificate for the set will be in-hand!

2. Jason in my office invited Jim and I to a Republican event on Friday night. $500/person got us berries and cheese and about a half hour of speaking. While it was interesting to experience how political people operate, I'm darn glad I didn’t pay for it. : )

3. Joe K. I in town from California. He met Jim, Jenny, Tom, Jessy, Sean, Kelly and I up at the St. John’s festival after the republican cocktail hour. I ate a hot dog and ear of corn and felt very Midwestern. Joe was reminded how vastly different Ohioans live vs. Californians and I think he is not disappointed to go back west.

4. Saturday I went with Mom’s side of the family to Dory’s baby shower. She already had Zachary 4 months early but as he’s still in the hospital and will be through September getting bigger and better we celebrated his birth regardless. I found these really cute stuffed animals- an elephant, tiger & zebra- at Kohl’s and was especially happy because a) the shower was safari themed and b) all the net profit of the purchase went to Children’s Hospital. I was really tickled about that given Zach’s special needs in the hospital right now. Apparently last year Kohl’s raised enough money to buy the hospital an ambulance!

5. Saturday night I took my parents and Jim with me to the Reds game where we enjoyed box seats compliments of Cincinnati Bell. This was probably the most fun part of the weekend as we got to eat all kinds of food, drink unlimited amounts of beer, and watch the Reds win 14-7. There were awesome rallies and obviously tons of hits and scoring. It was great! We followed up the game by beating down my parents in Euchre too. : )

6. Sunday was also exciting because Jenny announced her big news at our monthly Girls’ Lunch- She’s ENGAGED!!!!! Another round of hearty congrats to her and Tom! She commented after lunch that she had a great time and asked if they were all like that, which they are. More incentive for her to move to Cincinnati!!

7. I also spent about 2 hours working on school stuff, 2 hours working on the shed and an hour watching most of The Man before the DVD died (too many scratches). The funniest part of last night was when Samuel L. Jackson called me to encourage me to take Viki and go watch his new fantastic movie, Snakes on a Plane. That call was hilarious. I called Viki all giggly over it and promptly sent his call out to other unknowing victims! Too cool!

So that’s it! You heard it (what I did for the last 3 days) here first!

7 comments:

TreyJ said...

Woo hoo! First poster this time around!

Sounds like quite an eventful weekend. It is depressing to hear that your friend prefers California living to the way we do things in the "fly-over" states. Hopefully someday people will figure it out...

Finlands finest said...

Joe will one day see that all Cincinnatians will return to home one day......

I AM!!!!

Viki said...

Hooray for Jen getting engaged!

On a different note - hooray for winning the TV, too! Did the other big one ever get fixed? If not, I guess you don't have to worry about it anymore!

LisaMarie said...

YEAH FOR TV! I'm glad you actually won!

And I can't believe you went to a Repulican event...we used to be such great Democratic friends...*sigh* Now we'll be voting on opposite sides of the political line....*sniffle*

TreyJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TreyJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mamma Sarah said...

Whooo Hoooo! There is a TV again. Now we can play SceneIt again when we venture to the big C-town.

I don't think you can possibly handle any more excitement in your life than you have had this month!!!

(**side note** it's hard to type with one hand hunting and pecking)