Monday, June 09, 2008

Weekend of 6/6/08

Nicole's doctor visit yeilded a diagnosis of croup and an ear infection- #5). I’ve determined that having plans on a Friday night instead of just hanging out at home like any other weekday night makes the weekend feel longer. Nicole was feeling much better by the evening after a steroid dose around 4:00pm so we kept our initial plans and had a full house of my high school friends over for a game night. The last group didn’t leave until 2am!

Saturday Nic was back to her normal self, playing and exploring. We ran a bunch of errands and Jim brought the Murano home for me to see/drive. He drove an Altima while he was at the dealership and combined with giving my mom’s a whirl that night I think that’s now his front-runner.

Our neighbor stopped by to tell us how unreasonable the land developer was in negotiating the purchase of the lot behind him. A few months back he offered $25K and the developer countered at $50K. They reached and impasse and tabled the conversation. This time around the developer offered to sell for $62,000. David’s response – “remember when I wouldn’t buy at $50,000? What makes you think I’ll be interested in paying $62,000?” I'm sitting tight on “our” lot – not nearly as worried about it going as our neighbors should be about “theirs”.

We got to babysit Ryann on Saturday and she and Nicole played and got an impromptu visit from my parents. After the girls went to bed I introduced the Wii to Mom and Dad who bowled like champs and got very into it.

Sunday Nicole was back to coughing so she got a second steroid dose in the morning. I took her to the Girls Lunch and then to Brandy’s baby shower were she was clearly allergic to something as she sneezed up a storm. The first part of the evening was rough sleeping for Nicky as she continued to cough and hack. By 10:00 she was sound asleep and hasn’t coughed since, so hopefully this thing is fully kicked.

I finished my Methodist Social Principles book as well as the pleasure-reading book I had been going through. I’ll post on the religion book this week.

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I hope Nic gets better. She seemed okay at the girls lunch-couched a couple times but thats it.

What have they suggested you pay for the lot behind you?

Finlands finest said...

So I totally spelled coughed wrong in my first comment. LOL

Martha said...

I hope Nicole is having a better day today. It's so rough when the little ones aren't feeling 100%. :(

I still have not been introduced to the wii phenomenon. Is it really all that??

Martha said...

ha - does Nic get 'roid rage after her injections? Don't omit one - she might lose the biggest race of her life....

Mamma Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about Nik being sick and hopefully she's on the mend. Kids and being sick is just no fun.

Glad you had a nice weekend. Sorry I didn't make it out for Girls Lunch. I'll post soon in my blog about my "exciting" weekend.

LisaMarie said...

The Wii is AWESOME.

And you crack me up with your car decisions....But I TOTALLY agree that there's no point in buying brand new when the depreciation is so rapid. Our car was originally 53K when the first owner drove it off the lot. They traded it in 3 years later and we picked it up for 21K. Yeah. I think they got ripped off.