Friday, June 06, 2008

All about Nicole

I leave her alone with Uncle Greg for a car ride and this is what happens...


Nicole stayed home sick from daycare today. Last night she was okay during dinner with Jenny, but had a cough that sounded questionable. When I got her home she had a 100.7 fever and went to bed. This morning the fever was still here and the croup-y cough had set in. Poor girl laid in bed with her dad most of the morning and would only willingly eat 10 cheerios and 2 oz of formula from 6:30 on. Jim forced her to eat 1 cube of banana and I got 3 more oz. in her when I got home at 12:30 to switch off child-care responsibilities. She’s headed to the doctor at 2:40. After some Dr. Suess I put her down for a nap and she was out in about 2 minutes cuddling with her "Sleepy Bear".

--------
Last night I started creating her first birthday party invitations! It’ll be a family-only event and probably doesn’t merit invites, but I thought they were cute and I got them on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $1.60.

--------
I lost a month off my life on Wednesday night. Kid was eating green beans in her high chair and I got up to go get her some pineapple. 30 seconds of being gone and when I return she had climbed out of her chair and was crawling across the adjacent kitchen table. OH MY GOD. I yelled “HEY!” and startled her. One leg dropped off the edge and I was certain she was going to fall. She just froze and I picked her up but my breathing didn’t return to normal for about 10 minutes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the very reason that we don't leave Uncle Greg alone with Ryann ... lol! Hope the little stinker is feeling better soon.

Finlands finest said...

I think the picture is hysterical!! I only wonder-did uncle Greg or Nicole put it on her forehead?!?!

Poor Nicole-I hope she feels better soon. I really enjoyed dinner last night. We need to do it more often!!

I have a feeling now that she is more mobile--you are going to have miniheart attacks often. :) Thats part of parenting!!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo, Nicky has discovered her inner acrobat. :) We have had many of those too, sad part is you were far more upset than she was. Glad to hear she was ok, and no I do not have any suggestions on how to channel that desire somewhere else. For the second time in Ry's career at Day care I have had to explain double black eyes! (We had a run in with a door and the lawn mower on seperate occasions.)
I hope she feels better, I know that is so not fun. Have a great weekend!

Mamma Sarah said...

Sorry Niki is under the weather. Hope she feels better soon!

I'm sure you'll have many more of those death defying moments... but us first time mommies for some reason always have to learn the hard way. Keeps us on our toes, right?

Laura said...

Awwww, I hope Nicole gets some rest and feels better. I can only imagine walking back to her after her escape and seeing her almost falling off the table, I bet your heart rate was about 200 bpm!

Katrin said...

That picture is really funny. Did it leave a red mark? :)
Hope she feels better soon.
I'm guessing there will be a lot of these scares from now on.

Martha said...

I'm catching up on the end of last week's posts.

That photo is hilarious and disturbing at the same time. What ELSE does Uncle Greg do to the poor child?

Yea! Go Nicole! (I support mobile kids-sorry parents!) She can get out of her high chair?!?? That's scary. Do the manufacturers realize how easy it is?!? Beings they make products for infants, I'd think they'd have to have that all sealed up so they can't get out, especially with apparently no effort. Tougher regulations those baby suppliers have.

Gtemp said...

What kind of a person would put something like that on that poor little girls forehead??