Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Nicole is 11 months old!


Nicole is quite the busy these days. Since last month most of her accomplishments have been physical – she’s learning to associate activities with names and her hand-eye coordination is getting much more exact.

Some cute things she can do upon request (or randomly whenever she wants attention):


  • Wave bye-bye

  • Blow kisses complete with the “Mmm-ahh” sound effect

  • Clap

  • Respond to “how big is Nicole?” by raising her hands over her head (“so big!”)

  • Give kisses

  • Dance (by holding on and bopping up and down)


And some things she does because she likes to be in control

  • Push dribbled food into her mouth

  • Point at what she wants

  • Shake her head “no”

  • Take the brush away and comb her own hair

  • Rub the toothbrush on her 4 teeth

  • Turn light switches on (but not off)
  • Open lids (like on this bobble-head toy)

I look forward to next month perhaps getting a word other than “mama”, “dada” or “no” out of her!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole is quite accomplished! It sounds like you are having so much fun teaching her new things! I am glad to hear she is doing so well, she is such a good girl. By the way, Ryan has been asking about "Baby Nicky" and wants to know when she is going to come over and play again? Can I help it if he is stringing these things together?

Hugs,
Jam

Finlands finest said...

I like seeing Nicole dance--she sure can boogie. Just wait until she gets a little older and I start teaching her belly dancing--she does have a nice little chubby belly for it now. :)

Martha said...

awww, I want to see her.

Finlands finest said...

I keep waiting for the "you will not teach my sweet innocent daughter to belly dance" comment...

Viki said...

Very cute - amazing though that 'no' is one of the very first words every child learns...hopefully she wil not make too regular use of that word!

I think I'm caught up on your blog now - thanks for all of the other updates, especially for the education on the UM church. I'm glad they're very progressive. :-)

Martha said...

My niece says "yes" a lot. She's almost 2 and doesn't say no as much. Soooo cute.

LisaMarie said...

My favorite is the brushing her own hair. I'd love to see that. :)

It seems like just yesterday I was visiting you at the hospital and seeing her for the first time. It's so amazing how fast they grow!

Finlands finest said...

I think Nicole is going to be just like her mom!!

Katrin said...

All those activities are screaming for another one of your cute videos... :)

Laura said...

Man, Nicole sure is growing up! That's great all of the stuff she can do....funny, Ella turns the lights off but not on!