Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend of 6/14/08

This weekend was one of those that feels like it went by fast because it was full but then I think, “what in the heck did I do the last 2.5 days?”

A few highlights:
1) Friday night we went to Kettering to meet Mackenzie who was very little, has a FULL head of hair, and was quite content to sleep through our visit. Nic was very interested in her and kept trying to touch her. Sarah, who went all natural and had the kid within the hour she arrived at the hospital, looked amazing.
2) we watched Tom P get his black belt in Kung Fu (same test and belt Jim got 2 years ago) – it was neat to see the moves that I watched so many times being practiced in my living room or front yard. Jim, who would know, said Tom’s weapon kata was the best in the class!
3) on Sunday, while I ate my lunch, I watched dozens of butterflies flutter through my back yard. The unsold lot behind us is overgrown with weeds and wildflowers and attracts the little critters like crazy. It is very meadow-like and very relaxing.
4) we went to the fire station and had Nicole’s car seat installed in Jim’s new ride. She seems pretty indifferent to the new seat but rear-facing it’s able to be in a very good position for sleeping (she’s too vertical and her head drops far forward).
5) father’s day was nice – Jim bought himself a ping-pong paddle and Nicole gave him a card. We had a picnic at my aunt and uncle’s and Nicole had fun crawling through a tube.

OH, and completely unrelated to the weekend... I'm going to do some research on the religious views of the Methodist church as a few folks have asked questions I don't yet know the answers to. More on that when I get to it!

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I would want that lot behond you for the butterflies alone.

Finlands finest said...

Congrats to Tom P. a black belt is quite an accomplishment.

Martha said...

I like butterflies, too. I can't remember the last time I really saw one. You never actually purchased that lot, right?
Nicole still faces the rear in cars? When do kids turn around, at 12 months? Or by weight/size?

Viki said...

Wow - are car seats that complicated that you have to go to the fire station to get them installed? Or is it just that you can take it to the fire station and they'll make sure it's installed correctly?

The butterflies sound nice. :-)

Katrin said...

I love butterflies!
Congratulations to Tom for the belt.