Friday, February 29, 2008

Tagged

So I was “tagged” a few days ago but have been swamped at work and a bad blogger. Here are some facts about me:

1) I think ordering a salad in a restaurant as your main entrée is stupid. [Almost] Anyone can assemble a salad but I think it takes true talent to cook and prepare “real” food.

2) My favorite color is sapphire blue (the color of my bridesmaid dresses from my wedding)

3) Some foods I wouldn’t eat as a child but now eagerly will eat as an adult: mushrooms, enchiladas, corned beef hash, cucumber, mango, black beans, spinach…

4) After watching the democratic debate this week, I am more than ever Anti-Hillary. I do, however, have a larger respect for Obama (much to Lisa's delight I'm sure).

5) I'm a strong advocate for Thank You notes and make mental notes (not grudges) when I don’t get one for something I “should” (ie a wedding present)

6) Static cling is quickly growing on my list of biggest pet peeves

7) I'm embarrassed at how messy my desk is at work- I have no idea what’s even on my desk there are so many random things. At the same time though, I think it accurately gives a visual indication as to how busy I am and that I like.

8 comments:

TreyJ said...

Mmmmm....corned beef hash. I wouldn't touch it as a kid, either, but now I think the breakfast (and sometimes dinner) world revolves around it.

Martha said...

I am so anti-Hillary as well, and am glad to hear when you,and others, are, too! Yea!

Viki said...

#1 - Hey! My argument against this one is that some restaurants have more exotic salad, and to purchase all of the components and assemble it at home would be much to much of a pain in the ass (i.e. salad with black beans, grilled corn, avocado and seared tuna).

#5 - I agree on this, but there's a practical reason behind it, too: if you don't get a note, how do you know they got your gift? For our wedding someone purchased our spice rack but it never arrived. That was the only gift we didn't send a thank you note for. For less formal things I'll at least send an e-mail or call...

Finlands finest said...

I agree with Viki on the salad. Sometimes it is less expensive at the restaurant then when bought. There are also salads I crave because of the homemade restauant dressing like Olive Garden. I go there just for the salad and breadsticks. :)

I didn't touch onions as a kid because of the strong taste, but LOVE them now!

I am big into thank-you notes as well! Kelly is one of the best that I know of with those. She sends them within a day of the event it seems!

Martha said...

Viki's right about salads. And salads can be a really nice balance of flavor and textures, and a showcase for the chef's skills - this time in exotic flavor combinations (assuming raw/par cooked ingredients, not fried chicken or grilled steak/shrimp is on them) and skill in other things - the vinaigrette, candied nuts, cheese beignets, overall balance, etc.
Also, most Americans do not get enough veggies daily - what better way than a big plate of it (NOT doused with bacon, dressing, or fried foods!!)? That's like 3-4 of your 5 servings for the day in just one meal! Plus the fiber and, assuming it's not just lettuce and is healthier salad greens - all the vitamins and minerals you're getting in just one shot.

Anonymous said...

I hate static cling too!!! It drives me insane.

LisaMarie said...

I AM delighted to hear you respect my boyfriend! When he wins the Democratic nomination I might even get a bumper sticker for my new car! *Gasp!* I won't actually stick it to my car, I think bumperstickers are dumb, but I'll tape it to my window or something. I think I'll order a t-shirt too. :)

Mamma Sarah said...

Did I just read that Karen likes a Democ? HA! I'm so glad that you respect him. :-) That says a lot coming from you.