Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend of 2/22/08

Friday: we had a blissful night off – had a late dinner, put Nicole to bed, finished Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix (C) and started Balls of Fury which I fell asleep during!

Saturday: Hours and hours of errands. Literally we left the house at 10:00 and didn’t get home until 4:30. Insane. Chris F. and his girl friend (girlfriend?) came down and we went out to dinner and watched American Gangster (B+).

Sunday: Chris and Jessica left to go back to Spencerville, Jim and I had lunch, and we went to Meijer. The lady in the fish department went on and on and on about how beautiful Nicole is. “I see lots of babies and yours is one of the prettiest,” she claimed. She was exalting her so much that the meat guy came over to make friends. I never get tired of hearing how great my daughter is, of course, but by the time she went into how Nic should be in commercials I was feeling rude to interrupt and actually order my cod!

I think we won all four of our bowling games – I was above average each time!

Work has been SWAMPED with meetings today and I haven’t gotten very much done it seems. More went on my desk than off of it… :(

8 comments:

Megs said...

I'm sorry to hear about your busy day. The 3 hour sales meeting this morning was a little overwhelming and I got to leave earlier than the rest of the reps!! My half hour long gushing about how great my weekend was probably didn't help you getting work done either!

However... sounds like you had a very full, fun weekend. Hopefully I can blog tonight (it's literally penciled into my night around my laundry and working out!) and update everyone else on mine... of course, they will get a more condensed version than you did but still... I'M STILL ALIVE!!!

Finlands finest said...

Nic is gorgeous--your fish lady is right on!

Megs said...

oh and expect pictures!

Anonymous said...

What's going on with the house???

Martha said...

I am so glad to see Megs is still alive!!

I always wish I would stop parents and tell them how adorable their children are when they strike me as so. I rarely do. However, a week ago while hiking a young girl (6?) was hiking (running) with her Papa. (he wasn't running, though). I'd heard "papa!" "yes elizabeth" "be care when you get up here, it's really muddy" (it was swampy!). Which I had to comment to him how adorable she is (come on, a 6 year old taking care of her papa like that??? she's SIX! wiser than her age). But then I negated that, later, when she commented that my dog was crazy b/c he was running and bouncing around, I told "so are you"(seriously 3+ miles she RAN!). oops. hopefully papa didn't hear....

Viki said...

I like the line about how the fish lady was going on and on so the meat guy came over - just made me laugh. :-)

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

I'm glad to hear you actually had a night off, though I have a hard time believing it!

Mamma Sarah said...

Glad you had another social weekend. How fun to have people comment how beautiful Nic is! She is such a doll and who doesn't love baby chunky cheeks...