Wednesday, February 06, 2008

*Yawn!*

I’ve gotten used to sleeping through the night; as a result, I'm really running on empty today with only about 4.5 hours of sleep. What kept me up? Almost anything that could….

Nicole got scared because of the booming thunder and sheeting rain and woke us up crying. An hour later she somehow wiggled out of BOTH legs of her jammies and cried until I came in to fix her. An hour after that she woke up because she wanted Jim. I picked her up and let her have a drink of water but she kept crying and looking at the door like she does in the mornings when he comes to say good morning to her. When Jim finally did get up to see what was the matter she was all smiles for him and wanted to be held.

Jim can’t hold her because he’s sick. Not quite as bad as he was with that puking virus of a couple months ago, but he’s running a fever, aches all over, and has a sore throat. My dad had it for two days too and was MISERABLE.

Apparently the sirens (1/4 mile away) went off due to the weather around 1:30 but that was between two of Nicole’s episodes and I slept right through it. My mother is now worried about this and claims she’s going to call me from now on whenever they go off.

I think I’d feel better today if my sinuses weren’t still clogged – maybe they’d be better if I had remembered to take my amoxicillin this morning…

7 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

You know I was afraid of that exact thing happening last night with Alex. Dude slept right through the storms. They did wake me out of sound sleep at 1:30p when I heard weird wind, then violent rain, and hail. Pretty scary I must say.

Hope that you guys feel better soon. Little ones just don't understand why a parent will avoid them... but one day they will understand it's because we love them. :-D

Martha said...

Aww poor things. Especially Jim! I had something extremely similar over New Years. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Amy's family is passing it around now, too.

Don't forget to take your antibiotics! I'm an absolute freak about that stuff and would prefer people not take them at all than take them incorrectly. Really doctors need to stop prescribing antibiotics for a while. Let people ride out the misery - it'll only make the population stronger afterall. We're genetically selecting for these "superbugs" that are getting more virulant exponentially faster than we can keep up with them.
Yes. I am for more holistic and preventative measures than going after it once it starts. I believe that sort of treatment should be a last resort and only for high risk groups. I also believe in Darwinism - survival of the fittest!!

Wow. yea. I'll get off my soapbox now.

I hope you and Jim feel better and get better sleep tonight!!

Finlands finest said...

What if we aren't the fittest Martha?? ;)

I am sick too, I have whatever Jim has. I hope you guys feel better soon!

Martha said...

I think you know, Jen....
We were discussing that recently at work in a cross-functional team about food safety. another guy and I feel "survival of the fittest" is the solution to over population. The moderator asked who would be willing to not be "fit" and disappear. He and I were the only two to volunteer, both citing Darwin as our reason- note, that is NOT volunteer to just die, it is noting that if I am unfit in this world and I don't survive, I accept that (not that there's a choice in that case, really, is there?).

Then again that's part of the scientist in me. The scientist in another may say: phooey! I am a scientist! I will cure everyone so everyone lives indefinitely, regardless of quality of life, as long as they HAVE life.

Viki said...

I agree with Martha on the superbugs thing. Jen, you are one of the fittest because you aren't stupid. :-)

Karen, sorry Jim is sick and Nicole kept you up all night. Keep bracing for the bad weather - today is horrible here.

Laura said...

Yikes! Hope you guys get better soon...

TreyJ said...

I don't know how you can survive on such little sleep - I'm one of those people that needs 8 hours a day!