Monday, February 04, 2008

Weekend of 2/1/08

Friday: When I went to visit Nicole over lunch I got a painful surprise – she has a tooth coming in! Its on the bottom left and the little nub has just broken her gumline. I was surprised that she’s getting it as she hasn’t shown any of the “classic” signs of teething (being overly droolly, cranky, not sleeping, etc.). She’s fine if you want to feel it but she hides it with her tongue if you try to look at it.

Saturday: Nicole and I went over to Ryann’s house to celebrate Mike’s birthday. Hooray for black forest cake two days in a row! We cleaned up around the house the rest of the day and spent the evening watching two REALLY GOOD episodes of Lost (3rd season).

Sunday: Jim cleaned and Mom and I worked on the curtains for my bedroom which we didn’t get done in time for my party. The housewarming was just that – made the house very warm and friendly. We had about 40 people come through for the first half of the day and a big chunk of that crowd left around 5:30. With only about 10 minutes of “down time”, the second wave of super bowl friends came in and we watched the big game with about 30 people. I spent the whole first half cooking and visiting. Miraculously all the food was finished at the same time and when the dinner bell rang, people came! We had plenty to spare so I sent things as much as I could home with others. We opened our presents before Mom, Dad, and my grandparents left and people were too sweet. We went to bed around midnight – not too bad!

One thing I love about my daughter – she’s really easy-going. The kid got passed around to all kinds of people, even some she never met, and she’s friendly and lovey with everyone. My boss’s girlfriend was holding her for about a half hour and when I stopped by to say hello Nicole was kissing her on the cheek. Debbie, of course, was soaking up every minute of it.

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Your house is beautiful and your party was a wonderful success! It was a great day! Thanks for inviting me!

Mamma Sarah said...

We had a great time and Alex sure did love chasing the girls. Should I be worried? :-D

Megs said...

I wish I could have made it! I'm so annoyed I got called into work early! I will definitely have to stop over sometime this week and check out the crib :)

I wish I could have seen Debbie holding Nicole - I bet that was adorable!

Viki said...

Congrats on a great party - you know your home is just that when all kinds of people are comfortable in it. I predict that someday your house will be like my mom's - always open to everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if you had some 'foster children' over the years!

On a different note, in my opinion, one of the signs of success in life is finishing all of your dinner food at the same time (Sarah F was successful very early in life, much to my admiration).

Anonymous said...

do you know what i love about your house? everything.

do you know what i love about that husband of yours? everything.