Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nic-Knack Updates

Nicole's getting bigger! She weighed 18lbs. 6 oz. wearing her nightgown last night. She has also upped her eating to include mangos, black beans (which look really weird to feed a baby but they are so healthy I can't skip feeding them to her!), peaches, and graham crackers.

She’s learning more how to manipulate her environment. This little piano (borrowed from her friend Ryan C.) makes her look like Linus when she plays it!


Watching the video of Ella almost crawling made me wonder how far behind Nicole was. I'm thinking now that she might just skip crawling and go right to walking. She has no desire to assume the crawling position (on her hands and knees) though she will push up on her arms like a walrus. We can let her sit and pull herself up to a standing position dozens of times in a row and she’ll still want to do it again. Normally she’s not quite this wobbly when she’s up.

She has also learned to screatch. When you don't feed her fast enough, give her the amount of attention she wants, or put her down when she wants to be held she screams in short bursts at you. Not cute. She does this to the babysitter too and she (the babysitter) and I are trying to explain to her that screaming is not an acceptable form of communication to get someone's attention. I'm not sure my 7 month old understands our logic...

I had lunch with Sarah W. yesterday and she graciously accepted the responsibility of being Nicole's Godmother. She'll join my little brother Greg in the moral upbringing of my baby! Wait, maybe I should have reconsidered.... Just teasing.

9 comments:

Laura said...

That looked like Nic was dancing with her Daddy! So sweet!

Finlands finest said...

I hear a lot of babies now a days are skipping the crawling stage.

I am sure Nic understands your logic, just disagrees. :)

Katrin said...

I love the videos! Can we have one every day? :) And I also really liked the background music.

Anonymous said...

Tell her that crawling is for babies!!! That will make her want to skip it and go right to walking :-)

Ryann is such a little girl. She has this little girl attitude and when she doesn't get what she wants she lets out this yell, probably the same kind that Nicole is letting out!

Anonymous said...

ps - It's Schroeder that plays the piano, not Linus.

Martha said...

I agree with both Jen and Katrin!

And I really like the pic below of Nic with her foot up and hippo.

Karen said...

It IS Megan's hippo!!

Anonymous said...

Is that the hippo with the funny baby laugh??? If so, I love those stuffed animals!!!

Mamma Sarah said...

Great videos (and background music). SHe's so precious.

I'm so happy that you asked me to be her GM! :-) I'm so honored!