Monday, April 03, 2006

Weekend Wrap-up

On Saturday afternoon I invited my bro Mike and his g-friend Lindsay to go see a movie with J and I (Brokeback Mountain as previously posted) and was informed that because Mom and Dad were out of town he and Greg were throwing a party at the house. So, while he appreciated the invitation he was going to pass this time. Then we hung up.

When did I get so old and uncool that I didn’t even merit an invite to said party?

On Sunday afternoon one of Mike’s friends from way-back, Jeff, came over to check out our house for some plumbing side jobs we’re hiring him to do. He brought his wife of a year an a half, LeAnn, and their daughter Morgan with him. What a scary thing to see the kid who once gushed about how hot I was back in college to now be sitting in my living room talking about the house their going to build this summer and how they get up at 5am each day to get ready for work and take Morgan to the babysitter. These people are 2 & 3 years younger than me!!! When did they become adults?!

I did feel better that he was the same old Jeff when he answered my question about where the name Morgan came from by saying “every Morgan I ever met was hot so I thought it’d be good karma for my daughter too.”

5 comments:

LisaMarie said...

Love the comment he made about Morgan. My brother is dating a girl with a 6 year old. Her kid is only 4 years younger than my sister. How weird is that??!?!!?! Maybe you're more shocked that you're getting OLD, and that the people you think are young are getting old too. =)

Mamma Sarah said...

HAHAHAHA...Karen's getting old! Just kidding. That's makes me even older I guess.

I have to agree about loving the comment about Morgan.

Viki said...

Don't worry, we're all getting old. Plus, because I know more about opera than pop music these days, my brother thinks I'm probably the most uncool sister on the planet.

How did the parents feel about said party?

Karen said...

well, the first time they heard about it was when i complained i wasn't invited. They don't care too much because mike and greg are smart enough to clean up after themselves.

buster was apparently having a field day with all the attention and action!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

The comment is definitely funny. Definitely not what I would consider when naming a child, but funny nonetheless.

Of course, that's one of the reasons that my brother's new child will be named Keira, because him and his wife both thought Keira Knightley was hot and had a cool name.