Tuesday, April 11, 2006

UGH! People!

This morning was meeting galore. I had a great meeting with a good client of mine who’s looking to renew their long distance. No problem. Then, I drove to my next appointment where I met a new contact who is an absolute moron. I’m not just saying this out of frustration – this man really has no idea what in the world is going on. My previous contact, who was in the room with me and knew that he has no clue, sat and rolled her eyes as the man couldn’t answer simple questions of mine about their applications, hardware, or requirements for the project. He’s been there for YEARS and still has no idea what’s happening! I ended the tortuous meeting after an hour and fifteen minutes whenn this idiot tried to tell me how their network was set up and was totally wrong. When I told him that I had 100% certainty that I was correct because I personally set it up he just looked at me like I was crazy. At that point I ended the meeting, I couldn’t take it any more.

This kind of crap drives me nuts. I’m sure there are people like this in every organization. Makes me wonder who was dumb enough to hire them…

3 comments:

LisaMarie said...

Think about how scarey it is that there are people that work at MY job that are like this. We're molding the minds of the future. *shiver* Now THAT'S scarey.

TreyJ said...

Sounds kinda like a conductor I worked under for three years (not my most recent one).

Viki said...

So what do you do when you have clients like this? Do you piss them off by telling them they're wrong so that you can do your job correctly, or do you report them to their boss so you don't end up looking like you've screwed up?