Thursday, April 06, 2006

Explains a lot

After my blood work last week for my thyroid and the resulting bad news (its activity has swayed again) I had a new prescription called in. I was really busy and feeling pretty crappy so I didn’t make the time to go and actually pick it up from Walgreens for about a week. I finally got to it yesterday and was very disappointed to find that my dosage has doubled from what I'd been taking for the last 7 months.

This was pretty surprising because in the past year an a half they normally only move the dose in measurements of .025 increments and now I’m at 0.150 from .075, which I thought was rather extreme. If this really is what I need to make my thyroid behave I’m all for it. Such a heavy swing through goes to explain a lot about my mood over the past 3 weeks…

3 comments:

LisaMarie said...

I'll ask Kendall. Or you can tomorrow when we see you! YEAH! Olive Garden and bowling! YEAH!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

I'll confess to not knowing much about thyroid problems.

I know dad's counts move all over the place, and how nerve wracking that can be for all of us. I can at least sympathize with you.

Patience, and friend support when you need it! You'll be right as rain in no time!

Viki said...

If you've been in a rotten mood, give me a call. I haven't been dealing with thyroid problems, but stressing out about trying to find a job and whether or not I'm hearing back from people I've interviewed with or whether I should call them is turning me into a not so fun person...we can bitch about it all together...