Monday, April 17, 2006

Song Associations

I’m not sure if they remember or know why, but I have many a friends that I think of when “their” song comes on the radio. Sometimes it’s a laugh we shared over the song or something that happened when the tune was on. Sometimes it just really clearly says what I or they were thinking at one point. Or maybe they just obsessed about it when it was popular and therefore I attribute it to them.

Regardless, for the record, here’s my list of songs that I’ll forever associate with my friends:

Dale T: Wild Thing by Tone Loc (obvious reasons!)
Sarah W: Are You That Somebody by Aaliyah
Eddie P: You Make me Sick by Pink
Jim E: Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash; It’s Your Love by Tim McGraw (our wedding song!)
Rick K: Under the Bridge by RHCP
Little Bro Greg: I love you Always Forever by Donna Lewis
Kenny G: You’ll Think of Me by Keith Urban
Mom: anything Enya (because when I asked for the CD freshman year at UD she was worried it was some head-banging group)
Mark J: Humpty Dance by Digital Underground

3 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Hmmmm... very interesting. :-)

LisaMarie said...

Lisa E.- Barbie Girl...at least that's the one that I think is associated with me because it's what I think of when I think of you. =)

Karen said...

ha! that's so funny!